What did you do with your flock today?

Aloha gang,
This summer in the mountain has been much cooler and wetter than expected. I almost feel bad for my girls these last few weeks and have started to think about our return.
My trips down the mountain to support my DH with his mom leave me feeling stretched thin in both areas. But the sun is shining this morning and I will see what this day brings.
I did sell all of my chicks. All 54? Of them. Last week was the last 14 (besides the 6 cockerels I'll be growing out)
The cold and rain up here have made me more aware of what others have to deal with to keep their chickens and some of their challenges. I still got it good with no predators- not even stray hunting dogs or off leash dogs. Not a one- but not getting the things accomplished that I had hoped.
Forest Kitty is doing very well. She does not leave my side, sleeps with me, attacks me while I sleep.. it's all good. Good to see her happy and playing. No potential homes for her yet but the word is out and I will keep working with her.
I need to get some more mulch as the run is soggy and I need to clean the coops too. Freshen up the place and I am sure we will all feel better.
Lost Pearl Bailey fairly suddenly. She was fine rummagingthrough the forest, few hours later she was making a funny sound under the window. I'm wondering if it was the iris. Rest of the flock is fine, poop is fine. Pearl did knock off her saddle and went one night with a bald back. I gave her vitamins and antibiotics but still lost her quickly.
K. Gang. Enjoy your day!
20210831_161152~2.jpg

I watched them hard enough to realize that my boy looks like a rugby ball with a beak.

View attachment 2818591
He's gorgeous! I love his colors.
Aloha gang,
This summer in the mountain has been much cooler and wetter than expected. I almost feel bad for my girls these last few weeks and have started to think about our return.
My trips down the mountain to support my DH with his mom leave me feeling stretched thin in both areas. But the sun is shining this morning and I will see what this day brings.
I did sell all of my chicks. All 54? Of them. Last week was the last 14 (besides the 6 cockerels I'll be growing out)
The cold and rain up here have made me more aware of what others have to deal with to keep their chickens and some of their challenges. I still got it good with no predators- not even stray hunting dogs or off leash dogs. Not a one- but not getting the things accomplished that I had hoped.
Forest Kitty is doing very well. She does not leave my side, sleeps with me, attacks me while I sleep.. it's all good. Good to see her happy and playing. No potential homes for her yet but the word is out and I will keep working with her.
I need to get some more mulch as the run is soggy and I need to clean the coops too. Freshen up the place and I am sure we will all feel better.
Lost Pearl Bailey fairly suddenly. She was fine rummagingthrough the forest, few hours later she was making a funny sound under the window. I'm wondering if it was the iris. Rest of the flock is fine, poop is fine. Pearl did knock off her saddle and went one night with a bald back. I gave her vitamins and antibiotics but still lost her quickly.
K. Gang. Enjoy your day! View attachment 2818992
I'm sorry for your loss.
Forest Kitty is adorable!

Hey there not my thread but Welcome you will find them very fun to be around
Yeah, I used to sit with my oldest group when I was younger, but they never were friendly enough to pick up or even pet like these.

Still have like 16 boys to process from that group, but so far the ratio is surviving

Back
Top Bottom