What did you do with your flock today?

Hey gang,
@ronott1 Poor thing :( but glad she was rescued in a timely manor! Our hero!!!

Well, I got the old brooder up and running good enough for now so I put my littles in it the last few days. He he he. I will do a little more sanding and possibly a little more painting on it later today. IDK, my friend who wanted it has not texted back so maybe he does not need it any more, :idunnopeople.

This morning I kept the girls in the run to give them a break from Spider and then let all of the boys out to wander, exercise and obsess about the girls locked in the run. Gave the littlest littles some dirt in a small dish that they gobbled and played with. Funny how they instinctively know to do that. Put the 2 L. brahma littles in the brooder on the grass under some shade, let the big littles in the garden with the 4mo cockerel and Spider. I felt soooo smart and on top of it. It was absolutely quiet with no drama- everybody was happy. About 3 hours later I reversed the process with no complaints. Lovely.

I had another hen go broody, making it my 3rd in 3 weeks. She was sounding like Peter Pans crocodile for the last week or so, hysterical little gal and I was not completely surprised by it, though it is unfortunate. I really hope she does not make it her habit.

Photos never get old IMO
View attachment 2708701View attachment 2708704View attachment 2708705View attachment 2708706View attachment 2708707

I hope your days were awesome.
Look at that little fatty catty. 😻 Are they totally recovered & back to normal?

Look at that little fatty catty. 😻 Are they totally recovered & back to normal?
Yes, they are perfect in everyway :love:lol: such a gift! They play like crazy at night and in the mornings then sleep all during the heat.
I am setting up our back lanai to being basically the cat hangout space though they will be inside at night. Also thinking about making a cat tree again lol.

Sorry I haven’t stopped by in awhile. Put some of the big girls in the pen with the littles. And took pictures of the littles to get confirmation on gender since I want to separate the boys since they will be headed to freezer camp. Also gave everybody some treats.
BEB577F7-76D0-4D5C-A352-DDB4263D44BC.jpeg
45F70993-AF7F-4F27-8E09-C4BB5C8D7E32.jpeg
679BC29E-F7DE-470F-9BDF-08F34659509B.jpeg

Attachments

• B77828EA-71BA-4DF8-9B8A-A94E463415EF.jpeg
    B77828EA-71BA-4DF8-9B8A-A94E463415EF.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 0
I changed my new dogs name to Honey. She's been integrating pretty well so far. She has lunged at the chickens a few time, but she's been getting better about leaving them alone, at least when she's walking with me. She's a total lovebug! Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to quarantine her, and now two of my dogs are sick. :/
They're all on antibiotics, and the vet said they should be fine in two weeks. It's been a few days since they got sick, and Honey is acting a little better already. :yesss:
CC054CE9-604A-4549-832A-4FA07260E974.jpeg

I'm not sure if I posted this picture of Gary yet. They're hard to photograph, but this one came out pretty well. It shows how fluffy she is, lol.
C462BF35-48CA-4309-9C44-16C2A9ED4F98.jpeg

Iris has been moving around more, although he still gets tired easily. He was on the coop floor eating food when I let the birds out, which was the first time in weeks he hasn't been stuck on the poop board or perches. He ran a bit, and flew out of the coop a few days ago when he saw everyone was getting snacks. I haven't been encouraging him, but it's good to know he's feeling better.
I'm still doing daily bandage changes, and today I had to trim his nails. He wasn't a fan, especially when I brought the nail file out. XD

I've been experimenting with using eggshells as an oyster shell replacement. The feed store stopped selling the stuff I normally get, and none of the birds will eat the new stuff. Os was acting pretty funky recently, but I think I narrowed the cause down to not enough calcium. I'll have to see how she does in a few days, but for now she seems fine, and everyone seems to enjoy the eggshells.

Aloha kids!
@FrankieDoodle Gary is gorgeous and you should tell her I said so!!!
Love the name change. Over here, Honey Girl is a common name a guy calls his sweetheart. Honey sounds like home :love

Well the other week I installed an outdoor fan that was too big for the chicken coop, the day b4 yesterday I scrubbed a few rugs my dad left behind after it dried I got 2 outdoor chairs and a table out of storage and a scratching ottoman from up Koke'e and fixed my back lanai up for the kitties (and me), it used to be the dogs bedroom but they were too much for that space.
My belt sander just came in today so I will sand and clearcoat deck and plan to paint the table and chairs black, a piece of ply instead of the cow hide for sun protection. Quite the popular spot already. 20210611_141346 (2).jpg
And my coffee view
20210611_141525.jpg
I was cleaning the waterers yesterday and Mango was close to me blissfully surrounded by all the hens so I dashed to get my phone but, of course did not capture the moment but you get the idea.
20210609_091143~2.jpg

Such a fearless little girl.

Aloha kids!
@FrankieDoodle Gary is gorgeous and you should tell her I said so!!!
Love the name change. Over here, Honey Girl is a common name a guy calls his sweetheart. Honey sounds like home :love

Well the other week I installed an outdoor fan that was too big for the chicken coop, the day b4 yesterday I scrubbed a few rugs my dad left behind after it dried I got 2 outdoor chairs and a table out of storage and a scratching ottoman from up Koke'e and fixed my back lanai up for the kitties (and me), it used to be the dogs bedroom but they were too much for that space.
My belt sander just came in today so I will sand and clearcoat deck and plan to paint the table and chairs black, a piece of ply instead of the cow hide for sun protection. Quite the popular spot already. View attachment 2714966
And my coffee view
View attachment 2714957
I was cleaning the waterers yesterday and Mango was close to me blissfully surrounded by all the hens so I dashed to get my phone but, of course did not capture the moment but you get the idea.
View attachment 2714954
Such a fearless little girl.
I always love you photos Bob and moe are in and out of the main coop all the time

Back
Top Bottom