What did you do with your flock today?

Did not do this today but a few weeks ago I suckered charmed my DH into extending the roof over my outside nest box. It is normally a favorite but a few winter rains made it a reject. Now it is working like a charm and once again the favorite (now) barn box for the girls. Perfect for the new layers and the soon to be new layer's.View attachment 2567640
She’s beautiful!

Thank you (like I did something other than feed her ;))
She and her sister are my first Dark Brahma's. I did not think much of them at first- did not get the warm and fuzzies that I do with my Light Brahma's- but man oh man have they just won me over. Right around POL they both got so cute and friendly and trusting. Full of personality and a new favorite breed for me. I also have A BOY Brahma and he is something special too. He is now second in command 🤦‍♀️ and has not done anything to have blown his privilege's yet. Old photo but as you can see, he is quite the looker if you like those strong and sometimes silent types.
20210222_075348~2.jpg
20210222_075350~2.jpg

Aloha gang,
Well we have had some heavy rains move through us the last week and especially yesterday. I think Waialeale was clocked at 30" in a 24 hour period. How's that for one of the wettest spots on earth? We were more in the 5-7" where I am at and well that was enough to drive anybody indoors to binge watch The Crown... so we did and snacked on pretzels and choco raisins :p.
Now the mess I have to clean, the coops and cages to be mucked, mulch needing to be replenish and nesting material needing a check and freshen! Don't feel too bad for me lol. We have a sandy loam and we drained pretty fast comparatively, plus now I wont have to water anything for at least a week or two or three or four! More rain may be coming lol.
Oh! and this mornings nest box line up is hysterical. Like a bathroom line up at a plumbfest.
20210312_094028 (2).jpg
30461.jpeg 30558.jpeg 30560.jpeg
I'm also worried about the diseases the rain may be growing and now treating my suddenly slow chick for coccidiosis already and loaning out my Tylan to a friend. The other downside.

Back
Top Bottom