What did you do with your flock today?

I have 3 broodies so while checking on their sincerity (they are sitting on fake eggs at the moment) I noticed that my main nesting box which now doubles as a broodie box, was pulling away from the wall. I spent about an hour out in the coop fixing it and occasionally stopping to cuddle one or two birds.

I started 9 eggs in my incubator for them. I want to make sure that the eggs are viable before I give them to the three girls to hatch.

I am a terrible chicken mother, I took a shower this morning before I went out to open the poop door on the coop. When I did finally open the door it like they had been launched from a cannon! I made it up to them with mealworms and soldier fly larva. And I pondered how it will work when Amelia the 3 week old buff orpington jumps to my shoulder when she is full grown?

20200519_135238.jpg

We went outside, kicked out the big birds and enjoyed the coop. We sun bathed, took selfies and played dead.
20200519_130357.jpg
20200519_130359.jpg
20200519_134450.jpg
20200519_132221.jpg

Attachments

• 20200519_135238.jpg
    20200519_135238.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 3
Haha fortunately no, I saw them and recall going “oh no no no, until you can control your sphincter you ain’t coming in here”

But they try come through the door often and I tell them the same thing 😂🙈

One went back out the window the other two went to the door. Thank goodness haha.
One time I was flat out on the bed with Bronchitis triggered Asthma. At that time the matress was on the floor. I had the sliding glass door open for fresh air and Chicken TV.

I fell asleep but woke to the sound of a questioning Awwwk? I opened my eyes and there was a red hen stepping over the threshold. Another Awwk and the Black hen peeked around the corner. She too stepped in. I couldnt yell or get up... So I threw a Sock at the red hen ... They both did an about face and left.

deb

Back
Top Bottom