What did you do with your flock today?

Ok here is what I came up with for a first aid kit. Please excuse m creative spelling i am typing all the letters but the i and y have stopped working because spilled So and wasabi mix into keyboard. :thspell check is catching some but am cutting and pasting the rest.

Scissors
Tweezers
locking forceps
Stitching needle and thread
Scalpel or very sharp knife
Vet-wrap
Betadine
Alcohol
Saline
Soap

Blue-coat
Neosporin
vasaline
Styptic either man made or granulated sugar

Gauze'
Cotton balls

Towel to wrap patent in. Towel to dry off.

Clean water bucket to be kept sterile as possible for later. Regular water bucket for gross cleaning jobs.

eyes combs and feet seem to get wear and tear. Saline is great for flushing out eyes and rips on combs. Bumble foot is a big one to deal with Not only the sore on the bottom of the foot but it can form a corn that goes deep into the joint. Best option is to practice prevention. Sharp gravel or bits of wood should be removed out of the landing spots coming off the perch. To keep the foot from getting bruised and damaged.

Vetwrap can be cut to size or shape needed for bandaging the foot, and to keep dressing and medicine in place.

wont get into the wormers and antibiotics.. have a criteria set for those. wont impose on others. but suffice t to say believe n taking care of what ever situation with the best remedy available. Organic can be practiced as a Prophylactic. Biosecurty should be on everyones list.

Ok last but not least is a container to hold the supplies in. Clean dry towels n zplock bags as well as clean instruments.

i only deal with injures haven't had a "sick" bird ever. But can and will do injections for dehydration if needed. Needle and syringe supplied by the vet.

have a whole additional set of things specifically for dogs, horses, and Goats. Almost all include the same items. But ts important to know what animal is senstve to what. for instance you can give a dog an asparine but The same wll kill a cat.

deb

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894
What do you take your pictures with? They just radiate~

Back
Top Bottom