What did you do in the garden today?

There's something germinating in one of the seed cells sitting next to the living room window. I have no idea what it is... I didn't label them. Could be sage, rosemary or ???. I forgot what I planted in one starter tray.

Got a new toy today, a weed burner torch. I hit all the weeds growing through cracks in the asphalt driveway, and at the edge of the pea gravel around the house foundation. Fire is fun! Hahahahahaha!

I scooped leaves and chicken compost out of one of the raised beds. I put too much in last fall.
A weed burner torch...hey let me see a photo of what you got, I think I need one here.

It's been foggy, rainy, misty, drizzly, cool, then humid & warm & then back to cold, then raining its butt off, then 5 minutes of sunshine, then foggy & misty again...so weird. Anyway...I did clip all of the nutsedge & Johnsongrass going to seed, put it in 5 gallon buckets while I sit on an upside-down 5 gal bucket, trying to save my hurting back. The sacroiliac shots did not address the constant shooting pain going from right hip down right leg into right knee & at times down entire leg to ankle, so...doc said I've got a pinched nerve & I'm scheduled for shots at L4 & L5 this coming Thursday. What a PITA, literally, this pain includes the glute. Well, let me at least show ya some pics.

Wild strawberries are all over, the chickens love them & I ate some, they're small but really delicious & sweet this year.
20240518_112606.jpg 20240518_112602.jpg 20240518_111201.jpg
Fuscia Peonies are blooming, the pale pink ones are about to
20240518_110540.jpg 20240518_111939.jpg 20240518_112249.jpg
Lavender is blooming
20240518_111514.jpg
Blueberries are looking good
20240518_111344.jpg

My third attempt at making sour dough bread with my new silicone dough basket made me realize that its worthless. I cooked the bread in the silicone basket as advertised, but the top of the bread had some burnt spots and the bread itself was not something I could give away, it was ugly looking, but my chickens loved it. The color and shape of the sour dough that I made previously in a bowl with cover looked more professional. However, I did learn something from this experience. First, I found that crumpling my parchment paper into a ball before lining the bowl made it easier to form. Second, to get the ear, I need to cut deeper. Third, lightly oiling the sides of my folding bowl made it easier to work with.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend buying silicone bread baskets, it would be better to get a round domed Dutch oven and buy the razer holder and plastic and metal scraper separately.

This bowl picture is what works with my Breville Smart Oven. I take the steamed sour dough out of the bowl after 20 minutes and finish cooking it to a golden color.

View attachment 3836158
I see my Corelle pattern... :pop

It's been foggy, rainy, misty, drizzly, cool, then humid & warm & then back to cold, then raining its butt off, then 5 minutes of sunshine, then foggy & misty again...so weird. Anyway...I did clip all of the nutsedge & Johnsongrass going to seed, put it in 5 gallon buckets while I sit on an upside-down 5 gal bucket, trying to save my hurting back. The sacroiliac shots did not address the constant shooting pain going from right hip down right leg into right knee & at times down entire leg to ankle, so...doc said I've got a pinched nerve & I'm scheduled for shots at L4 & L5 this coming Thursday. What a PITA, literally, this pain includes the glute. Well, let me at least show ya some pics.

Wild strawberries are all over, the chickens love them & I ate some, they're small but really delicious & sweet this year.
View attachment 3836189View attachment 3836191View attachment 3836192
Fuscia Peonies are blooming, the pale pink ones are about to
View attachment 3836201View attachment 3836200View attachment 3836198
Lavender is blooming
View attachment 3836202
Blueberries are looking good
View attachment 3836206
I feel your pain. ( I can't do the shots.)
Glorious little strawberries!

Back
Top Bottom