What did you do in the garden today?

Good things that happened in 2023:

Excellent crop of sweet potatoes! Wow, I was impressed.
Good crop of regular potatoes.
Got a hive of bees (our first). No honey yet; left it for the bees.
5 new chicks, now laying pullets. Friendliest birds I've had.
Good crop of garlic. And onions too.
Canned about 55 (don't remember!) quarts of home grown tomatoes.
Discovered I like both chard and collards. Going to grow both next year.

The Detroit Lions won their division for the first time in 30 years!!!!!

In my quest to find a green fluffy soft kale, I narrowed my search down to the All-American selection winner Prism Kale. I took advantage of amazon's free shipping with Prime for 30 days and will cancel it before the free 30 days expires. I wonder if there is a catch to this, hmm. I used to have prime but canceled it since I don't watch any of the prime free movies.
View attachment 3716024

I bought 2 seedlings of those as I liked the look. they need to grow more before I cook them. I hope they are tasty.

Happy New Year! Here's our collards I picked yesterday. They are currently in the crockpot for our NY supper. These are champion collards. They are super resilient & very easy to grow! They will also come back even after cutting the stem all the way down at the soil line. Ask me how I know. 🤣

Attachments

• 20231230_150030.jpg
    20231230_150030.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 3
These are champion collards. They are super resilient & very easy to grow! They will also come back even after cutting the stem all the way down at the soil line. Ask me how I know
Wow! What zone are you in? How cold do your winters get? If they'll survive 10 degrees F, I might have a chance of over wintering them.

Back
Top Bottom