What did you do in the garden today?

Mother Nature serving up a big bowl of SUCK over the next few weeks... 😕 I can only imagine what the heat index is going to be if this is the air temperature. FWIW, it's usually not this hot until mid-July. Although it WAS this hot last year around this time and that's what kicked off the 3-4 month drought.... 😬
View attachment 3553728
It's been cooler than normal here. We're finally hitting 90° this weekend, usually hits 90° in mid-May.
Screenshot_20230624-091541-860.png

Last edited:
Baked 16 cakes! Waiting for the last ones to cool fully so I can get them covered and in the fridge.

Dug up some more garlic. Looks good.

View attachment 3553738

This is one area of melon plants. Glad I put the plastic over the hills - maybe it will help.
View attachment 3553739

Some flowers in the garden. Planted for some color!
View attachment 3553740View attachment 3553741View attachment 3553742
Love your lantanas!

Mine ⬇️
IMG_20230622_184103285.jpg

Are those Sweet Williams in the last picture?

Last edited:
Good morning gardeners. I got the backyard mowed yesterday. I worked on weeding in the corn patch for awhile this morning. It was so humid I didn't go over 20 minutes. But the corn is growing well. I should be able to plant the beans and squash later in the week. We've only got patchy showers and spritzing @Sueby, but the humidity is nasty. The peas are really swelling up so I'm hoping to be able to pick some tomorrow. I watered everything in the gardens yesterday just in case all this rain they are predicting doesn't come through. I also weed whacked in the front yard yesterday until I ran out of string. I finally cut down that random tree that the birds planted. I mentioned it to my neighbor awhile ago that it was growing directly under his internet line. He works from home several days a week and really needs it. So with his "blessing" I cut it down with the chainsaw. I think he gave up on me it took me so long. But it looks so much better now and he doesn't have to worry about that anymore. My knee was just fine yesterday but with this rainy weather it's starting to act up again. So I guess it's back to taking it a bit easier for a few days.

When can I take the tops off of my EWO and plant them?
I let mine stay on the plant until the stalk they're on is dry. Or sometimes, the little bulbils look dry before that, and you can take them off then. When I take them off, I separate the bulbils and let them cure for a few days before I plant them. That might not be necessary. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom