What did you do in the garden today?

Ooh I hope they're nice! I keep planning to order from azure standard and I never actually do it, lol. We've just had so much going on this year (very unpredictable stuff) that I worry I won't make it on the pick up date so I never end up ordering.
I do like their stuff and prices but the pick ups can be very annoying. Of course I'm on the tail end of the farthest route, so any delays along the way throw off the drop off time .

How much does a large round weigh in your area? Here, a typical round of local grass costs $50-$65 and weighs about 750 lbs, so about $150/ton. Square bales of local grass typically weigh 45-55 lbs and cost $5-$12 each, depending on quality - so $300-$350/ton for horse quality. High-quality weed-free alfalfa from a commercial farmer, we're lucky to pay $400/ton, and premium Timothy can cost up to $600/ton.
750-1200 pounds

I planted 3 varieties of sweet corn this year -

Damaun KS
Buhl
Country Gentleman

The Country Gentleman is close to 7 ft tall and hasn't tasseled yet.

The Damaun KS is probably around 5 ft tall and starting to tassel.

The Buhl has been very disappointing. Most of it is somewhere between 3 - 4 ft. A couple are well below 3 ft and tasseling?!?! Unless this has some kind of "out of this world" incredible taste, I don't think I'll be growing it again....

Sweet Potato slips arrived! 6 varieties, two are white and four are orange.

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 2.51.12 PM.png

They look good with nice roots. A bit droopy right now though.
Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 2.51.33 PM.png

The dryer vent is fixed. For crap sake, it never ends.
I'm now painting some trim on the back of the house that the builder used when he ran out of what he was supposed to use. It's supposed to be a putty colour. It has been pink for the past 8 years. Ticks me off.
Anyway, I think I found one of the hummingbird nests, or rather I got to close to a large smoke bush and about lost an eye to an angry, needlenosed, marshmallow bird.

Back
Top Bottom