What did you do in the garden today?

Update on eggs:
Got two today.
one was very small and the other was a thin shell and broke, Hoping it didn't break IN her to be honest but I don't think it did, as none of them are acting 'odd'. This tells me that something stressed them out. Im thinking the Hurricane passing through town may have done it as that will swing the barometer and other things THEY feel a big amount.

The only other thing I can think of is, I gave them a few persimmons to eat the day before however they ate them before in the past and never had any negative issues.

I boosted their calcium with some crushed shells and will keep a closer eye on them for the next few days until eggs get more towards normal.

Aaron

If you have time, energy, etc I would just replace that drop cloth with your frost cloth today, if you can. Hopefully it helped!
Looks like everything survived except the radicchio...got it changed out.
Thank you!

@Sueby said
What zone are you?
@Sueby
I'm in zone 7
I had already laid thin layer of pine bark over top of the garlic planted 2" below surface... first time ever planting it. Wasn't sure if it would need watering during these freezing cold days or not. Between the drought we've had and the recent posts bout making sure it gets watered I'm unsure what to do lol.

Last edited:
Seasonably cold here today, finally! It was 25F when I got up. The high was 41F. Laundry and shopping today however my compost was delivered and I got 5 beds covered with a layer of compost a little while ago. I’m hoping the wind dies down a bit more tomorrow so I can blow the leaves out if the backyard. Just a wee bit of snow predicted for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. It looks like the chickens finally stopped laying. Thank goodness. They need to rest for a couple of months.

I
Seasonably cold here today, finally! It was 25F when I got up. The high was 41F. Laundry and shopping today however my compost was delivered and I got 5 beds covered with a layer of compost a little while ago. I’m hoping the wind dies down a bit more tomorrow so I can blow the leaves out if the backyard. Just a wee bit of snow predicted for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. It looks like the chickens finally stopped laying. Thank goodness. They need to rest for a couple of months.
Insane how Tennessee is having such similar weather as you in Massachusetts!!!
Bizarre!

I

Insane how Tennessee is having such similar weather as you in Massachusetts!!!
Bizarre!
Actually no if you look at the weather maps. It all depends on the highs and lows pushing air masses across the country. The weather in New England and the eastern seaboard is affected by the Gulf Stream currents. Simpler answer, @WthrLady can give you a more technical explanation.

Actually no if you look at the weather maps. It all depends on the highs and lows pushing air masses across the country. The weather in New England and the eastern seaboard is affected by the Gulf Stream currents. Simpler answer, @WthrLady can give you a more technical explanation.
Ok...I just think north and south 🤔

Good afternoon all. It’s unseasonably cool for us, I am NOT complaining though! I’m soaking the ground where I I want to plant flowers in front so I can get those in this week. That’s about all I’ve got on the agenda until the weekend. And watering a few things.

@Acre4Me the goats are adorable!

@TJAnonymous what a day! Glad everyone is home safe and sound and the ducks are going to love their coop. FYI peas were a huge hit with my ducks.

@WthrLady I bet you coulda made some money on AFV with a video :gig

Have a good evening all.

Back
Top Bottom