What did you do in the garden today?

He is napping just now left me free to make dough BF uses my big 16 inch pullman loaf for his sandwiches and it is gone now
I love dough baked in a pullman pan. Good job Penny. Get it back if you lost it! So my corner store has Mexicoke again with real sugar no cornstarch. I love this stuff.

Last edited:
Not garden but found mushrooms .
DSCN1017.JPG

New Pots ruined 20 pounds of green tomatoes and 8 pounds of onions! After leaving work this past year I've finally wanted to get into preserving my harvest from the garden.
Here in Canada we have a large chain of stores called Canadian Tire. CT is one of the biggest retailers in Canada. On September 11/2020 the advertised 16QT stainless steel pots marked down from $169.99 to $29.99. They are not even worth the $29.99. Have a look at this video.

Had enough green tomatoes for another 10 pound batch of chow after the new pot disaster.
The wife and her sister went to visit their brother so I took it upon myself to can some ripe tomatoes. This year I have ripened more tomatoes than I have in 38 years of gardening! Global warming who knows?

Attachments

• 60BCBF3F-7E08-4717-A9F3-8B8EAEB553DC.jpeg
    60BCBF3F-7E08-4717-A9F3-8B8EAEB553DC.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 4
  • CE7F1792-5C1F-4221-A631-E722BFBB683A.jpeg
    CE7F1792-5C1F-4221-A631-E722BFBB683A.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It’s supposed to get down to 33 degrees tonight so I put 5 gallon buckets over the habanero plant and the jalapeño plant. I want to try to keep them all winter but don’t know if we will get a green house built in time.
Good luck Karen! Maybe you could bring them in the house?

Today in the garden, I looked around to see if the grass I didn’t get to last spring was dead enough to easily scrape out of the ground. I’ll probably be covering my typical area (about 10 by 24’) tomorrow. I’ve got to do a better job next year. I never got the two types of pumpkin, cucumber or watermelon seedlings in, the peppers all failed, and the tomatoes didn’t do great.

Back
Top Bottom