What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning Gardeners hears someone cock a doodle do out there don't think it was red facing a show down soon Red my 6 month old EE Red did the dare ya dance to my two 4 month blue marans one growled but did not face off.. night the 4 marans where outside at dusk Red stepped back out like come in dummy they did then :frow

Good frosty morning gardeners. We got 2 more inches of snow yesterday. Then there's the furnace: still not working correctly. The repairman will be back on Monday afternoon. Sorry @Sueby, I really wasn't thinking of you when I started calling my little red hen "Suzy Q." I just got tired of calling her "chicken." She is doing much better. Her comb is getting redder and pretty much upright now. Her appetite has greatly improved and has been eating well this morning. I gave her meal worms yesterday and she got a little scrambled egg this morning. The temps are climbing up to near 50F on Monday and Tuesday so I'm hoping to get her back with the flock by then. No plans for any outside work today. I may try to dig a path to the bird feeder and fill it. But I've been doing so much digging and lifting lately I think I need to slow down a bit. Tomorrow is laundry day so there's carrying laundry up and down the stairs. I did manage to finish decorating the sunroom Christmas tree. I will likely put another in the living room. Have fun with all your holiday preps and have a great day.
Wee Farmer Sarah - Glad to hear that your hen is doing better. It's great that you've taken her under your wing (pun intended) and are giving her all that special attention/diet. Sounds like it's paying off, and hopefully she will be back to normal soon.

I took the day off today - still not feeling 100%, and I already worked two 12-hour days, so figured I would just take today off and rest a bit. Maybe do a little shopping after the Vikings game.

Got everything done today but patching the bathroom walls. I opened the sheet rock compound and it was as moldy as you can imagine. There is no reason for it. I am annoyed. Sigh. I don't plan on going back into town until Wednesday, so that will put me behind on my work.

that’s annoying - moldy compound. We store it in the fridge when we open a tub of it so it will last longer - not too feasible with a large container, but works ok for the smaller tubs.

[QUOTE="Acre4Me, post: 22005265, member: 497216"- but it is fairly “nice” for December so have a wood fire going outside and we are going to try to grill up some of the meat chickens we butchered a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was going to have to butcher my last meat chicken last night. She hatched the end of April/beginning of May ( so she is way past due. :lau, But I don't think she is complaining). Anyway, last night when I went to lock up the chickens, she was missing from the coop. I leave the man door opened enough for her to come and go through because I don't think she can get up on the ramp. So I started looking for her and finally found her under the big coop.
I was able to get her to come out and she was able to get inside the coop. She seemed fine, so I continued to spare her life. She even lays eggs for me! She was fine today and was back in the coop tonight when I went to lock up, so I'm not sure what last night was about. :idunno
I believe she is our longest living meat chicken to date. I usually try to let 1 or 2 live because my husband feels sorry for them.:gig

Today I went to the Kimmswick Cookie Walk with my Mom ( I pushed her in the transport chair because she would not have made it even 30 minutes walking) and my niece and 4 of her kids. We were there from about 10:30 until 5:00. I am worn out! It was hard work pushing the transport chair, especially when we had to go through gravel!!
I'll try to edit this in a bit and add a picture.

[QUOTE="Acre4Me, post: 22005265, member: 497216"- but it is fairly “nice” for December so have a wood fire going outside and we are going to try to grill up some of the meat chickens we butchered a few weeks ago.
mine made it 9 months before she dropped.

I thought I was going to have to butcher my last meat chicken last night. She hatched the end of April/beginning of May ( so she is way past due. :lau, But I don't think she is complaining). Anyway, last night when I went to lock up the chickens, she was missing from the coop. I leave the man door opened enough for her to come and go through because I don't think she can get up on the ramp. So I started looking for her and finally found her under the big coop.
I was able to get her to come out and she was able to get inside the coop. She seemed fine, so I continued to spare her life. She even lays eggs for me! She was fine today and was back in the coop tonight when I went to lock up, so I'm not sure what last night was about. :idunno
I believe she is our longest living meat chicken to date. I usually try to let 1 or 2 live because my husband feels sorry for them.:gig[/QUOTE]

IMG_4979.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG
IMG_4966.JPG

It didn't seem to "take" when I tried to edit and add the photos, so here they are!
No, the 3 little ones are not triplets! They are all singles. They are 3, 4, and 5 years old!

Back
Top Bottom