What day do you think these goose eggs are?

mjsmomma07

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2019
I took these from a nest I thought was a dud after goose sat for more than 32 days. I accidentally broke one, and discovered they were developing, so I put them in the incubator. They’ve continued to develop. I have no idea what day we’re on. Maybe 24 ish? I saw slight movement in one. Just trying to work out when to lock down.

Any ideas?

IMG_7877.jpeg
T
IMG_7880.jpeg

That first one looks like a dud... There's no blood vessels in it. Maybe wait to see what other people will say, but I would remove it from the incubator (and house!) in case it might explode. The second one looks like it's developing well, though I would watch the cloudiness on the bottom. (Sorry, I don't know how far along it is.)

That first one looks like a dud... There's no blood vessels in it. Maybe wait to see what other people will say, but I would remove it from the incubator (and house!) in case it might explode. The second one looks like it's developing well, though I would watch the cloudiness on the bottom. (Sorry, I don't know how far along it is.)
It’s actually the same egg!

Lockdown is really just a suggestion, lol. It doesn't hurt them to open the incubator for short intervals during the hatch. As far as stopping turning, wait until the air cells draws down and you can see shadowing in it.
I agree the egg in the first pic looks dead. Do you have a calibrated thermometer you're checking temps with? It should be around 99.3°F preferably.
It also helps to take candling pics in a fully dark room, and seal off the light around the egg with your fingers to prevent light pollution.

Back
Top Bottom