What breed would you say that this duckling could be?

Renada_

Chirping
Mar 3, 2023
Hi! I got this duckling from Atwood’s in Oklahoma, it is pretty yellow, but has grey/silver accents. The last two pics were when we were bringing it home and the first is it in its cage. I adjusted the brightness on the last pic to better show the face pattern, it’s grey. Maybe if it’s obvious you could tell me the gender? If not I’ll just figure it out myself :) So, could you give me a breed idea?

Attachments

• A9E3A01C-4749-4BE8-A94B-AAF4BAB273AC.jpeg
    A9E3A01C-4749-4BE8-A94B-AAF4BAB273AC.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 6D08C25E-50B0-4EEA-80F0-C18DDDB44D53.jpeg
    6D08C25E-50B0-4EEA-80F0-C18DDDB44D53.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 8A5A4114-E61F-40BC-BC99-C9EA617F191E.jpeg
    8A5A4114-E61F-40BC-BC99-C9EA617F191E.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi! I got this duckling from Atwood’s in Oklahoma, it is pretty yellow, but has grey/silver accents. The last two pics were when we were bringing it home and the first is it in its cage. I adjusted the brightness on the last pic to better show the face pattern, it’s grey. Maybe if it’s obvious you could tell me the gender? If not I’ll just figure it out myself :) So, could you give me a breed idea?
What a cutie! Not sure on breed, but you won't be able to tell its sex based on how it looks- without vent sexing, you'll have to wait until its 6-10 weeks, when it's voice comes through. Hens quack, drakes make a whispers raspy sound.
Does this little one have any friends?

What a cutie! Not sure on breed, but you won't be able to tell its sex based on how it looks- without vent sexing, you'll have to wait until its 6-10 weeks, when it's voice comes through. Hens quack, drakes make a whispers raspy sound.
Does this little one have any friends?
Yeah! We have two other ducklings with it :) and I thought I wouldn’t be able to tell the sex, it was worth a shot though. I know that there are some breeds that you can tell when they’re young, but not a lot.

Pretty sure Atwood’s uses Hoover’s hatchery. So, I am thinking it is a fawn and white Indian Runner or a Buff duckling. I have never had either so I am guessing based on what they sell.

Back
Top Bottom