What are adult Polish Tolbunt pair worth?

farmgirlroots

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
We were gifted a pair of Polish Tolbunt chicks (said to be show quality by the breeder) that were sexed as pullets but one turned out to be a roo. They are now adults, with the hen just starting laying and the roo recently started mating her. I know they are said to be rare, but they've never been my favorite by any means and now the polish roo is starting to get aggressive with our main layer flock roo. I don't have the desire or set up to house the two polish alone. I'm considering selling them but I have absolutely no idea what their worth might be. I just don't know much about the breed. I know as chicks they were $25 each. They are bonded and I'd like to sell them as a breeding pair. Any pricing suggestions?

I'm seeing fertile eggs sold for between $8 each and $120 a dozen (not including postage).

Two larger scale breeders I've seen sell their adults for $50 or a bit over, each.

I don't actually know anything much about them, just looked it up. :p

Seems too steep for the breeder to sell you 'show quality' chicks, that's like selling 'show quality' foals or puppies or kittens... You simply don't know until it's grown. 'Show potential' is the correct phrasing as far as I know.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom