Urgh - USPS

Stephine

Crowing
7 Years
May 30, 2016
Sonoma
It is that dreaded time again - chicks shipped yesterday! Got a note from the USPS this morning that chicks arrive TODAY before 3. Ran out and got everything ready in a hurry - then waited. No updates (I signed up), nothing. Still listed as awaiting acceptance in OH somewhere. Since 11:30 this morning (9:30 here?). Grrr. Went to PO - nothing. I hate USPS tracking!! All the time it seems to get stuck somewhere and then the package arrives out of the blue. Would be nice to have SOME idea when to expect these little guys. Last time around Indrove out to the distribution center to get them or they would have had to spend another day in the box, 15 miles from their destination. But at least that time the tracking didn’t stall...
I hate waiting for chicks in the mail...

Tracking always seems to be hit or miss for me as well. Sometimes it updates great and other times my package will show up while my tracking still says it's awaiting acceptance or hasn't left the initial distribution center. :confused:
This was my first year where I had chicks shipped to me rather than driving a state over to pick them up from the hatchery. Thankfully the tracking was dead on and my PO called me the moment they arrived. I think it was the first time they had chicks shipped in because they seemed amused and confused as to why my package was "cheeping". They were great though and kept them in the warm office until I could pick them up.
Hope yours arrive soon and in great health!

Thanks for the finger crossings! I got a call at 5:20 this morning that the chicks had arrived! (tracking never moved from “awaiting acceptance in OH)
Got dressed and ate breakfast in a hurry (We are in a temporary home while rebuilding our home on the farm after the wildfires - and the brooder is set up at the farm...) and picked them up. All four seem well. They just had a big drink and went back under the heat plate... Time to give them some feed now!

4F488F56-ED75-4AD5-94D6-97FA45A1517F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom