Urgent help needed please

Lemon12

In the Brooder
May 12, 2024
My last chick to hatch has just hatched a day late, the incubator has been kept warm and humidity and conditions are perfect, it just seems as if she has struggled with zipping. Before I left for a walk, she was pipped and struggling to zip, when I came back only 10 minutes later the egg looks to have completely shattered, as there are small pieces around unlike the usual two halves. Baby girl is out but struggling to stand, she keeps falling over to her back, cheeping but she seems very weak. I'm sure it's not a leg issue, as I have seen this before and this chicks legs seem strong. Any suggestions? Am currently sat watching her in the incubator struggling. Thank you x

Just wait like a couple hours and see if she is improving on walking. If she doesn’t and just keeps flipping on her back and screaming then she might have wry neck. Look on YouTube for videos on it.

In my experience, late hatchers take longer to recover from the work of hatching - sometimes as long as 24 hours. Good luck.
Hello! Little update- we have put her under the brooder with the other chicks and she seems to be getting on much better! She is chirping happily and is no longer struggling to stand, occasionally she will fall over but she's eating and drinking fine and seems way better- thank you for the advice! She is a very cute chick, too x

Attachments

• IMG-20240514-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20240514-WA0018.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 4
Hello! Little update- we have put her under the brooder with the other chicks and she seems to be getting on much better! She is chirping happily and is no longer struggling to stand, occasionally she will fall over but she's eating and drinking fine and seems way better- thank you for the advice! She is a very cute chick, too x
I’m glad to hear that she is getting better! ❤️ they are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom