The Angry Hen

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Dec 17, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hey folks,

So - on Christmas my Dad brought me a woodburning kit. (Here's the link to the model itself: https://www.banggood.com/50W-Multif...MI1vKnvMu32AIVFyWBCh2wXQovEAYYASABEgLaJvD_BwE). And I tried it out a few days ago. I fell in love with the machine right away. Now, I ain't no expert or professional... Nor do I ever have a shot of being one... But it's a whole lot of fun. Ya gotta live life to it's fullest. Here's the work I've done so far, I've done more but this is by far my favorite and first REAL project. Took me less than an hour. To make the image, I free-handed drawn the rooster on plain paper and used a popular technique to make the actual stencil. Then I copied the stencil onto the wood and let the fun begin. And I did the -no pun intended- feathering on the hackle feathers. ;P

THE ANGRY HEN'S WOODBURNED ROOSTER.jpg

woodburned rooster1.jpg
I'm sure my work is junk compared to the folks here on BYC! Share your Pyrography accomplishments here at the UNPROFESSIONAL PYROGRAPHY THREAD. And don't be scared, embarrassed or worried... We are here to learn from each other. Share tips too, please and invite folks! Good day and God bless. Wishing y'all a happy and healthy integrity-packed New Year! God bless.

Best Regards,
-The Angry Hen

What wonderful job, @SueT. I really like the meaning to your work and they are definitely inspiring. Have you been using stencils or are yours freely handed? They are great! I've been just starting to practice with free-handed script and different fonts. There is one paragraph I'd like to try if I found a really nice piece of pine. (I'm in Maine so I doubt it will be too hard to find some nice pine. Ha ha).

Wonderful job, @CapricornFarm, that really is a beautiful project. I am glad that you joined, you have a knack for Pyrography.
And I see what you mean with "Hobby Pyrography," not sure if it would let me edit the title now, but that's a good name too. :)

Wonderful job, @CapricornFarm, that really is a beautiful project. I am glad that you joined, you have a knack for Pyrography.
And I see what you mean with "Hobby Pyrography," not sure if it would let me edit the title now, but that's a good name too. :)
Thank you. I love my new woodburner. The cheap one i got broke after 2 uses, the handle cracked.

Back
Top Bottom