Indeed. I have never found anything left from a duck that became victim of a predator. Not a single feather, it is as if Beamy scotted them up.
Frank were they able to fly at all? I know the Mallards could as my boys that I have sold people have flown away never to be seen again. Runner ducks are not supposed to be able to fly yet the guy I bought my two babies from last year said his flock flew very well. My huge Mule duck can fly as high as my house with one wing clipped! I could not believe she would be able to do that.

Here she is… I named her Frankie! :love after my Dad
1715423228226.jpeg

Awwww! So sweet! How's her foot?
the boot fell off a couple times and she walks without it better than with it now so i left it off overnight but i noticed this morning it trying to curl back a little so i made a new boot a little bigger ❤️‍🩹
when do you think i can start swim therapy? she is about 3.5 days old now, and i am seeing her using her preen gland even though she’s not wet … maybe i’ll try her in a little water this afternoon when i change the boot wrapping again

the boot fell off a couple times and she walks without it better than with it now so i left it off overnight but i noticed this morning it trying to curl back a little so i made a new boot a little bigger ❤️‍🩹
when do you think i can start swim therapy? she is about 3.5 days old now, and i am seeing her using her preen gland even though she’s not wet … maybe i’ll try her in a little water this afternoon when i change the boot wrapping again
She can go but just a little bit so she doesn't get too cold. Dry her off afterwards. Just no more than 3 minutes. I made up the time.

oh me oh my!! I just had the most wonderful idea!! I could not find any recently hatched Gosling friends for Frankie anywhere near me- BUT- I just remembered- my Tractor Supply has ducklings!! What if I just go pick up a couple of them? Last time I was there I saw some pretty big ones for $.50 each.!!!!! 🥳🤩🥳🤩🥸

Back
Top Bottom