I bought my first car when i was 43 years old. Before i used my parent's car, did not need a car because i was living in downtown or had a corporate car that wasn't in my name…
Here in the USA, there are very few areas where you could survive without a car.

Congratulations on the car, keep the dents and door-dings away! 😏
Yes the kangaroo attacks have been quite aggressive on my husbands car of late, we needed a bull bar. We also needed more room, because kids. Kids have ao much stuff!!!

I planted the potatoes for this year yesterday, perfect timing, it was bone dry yesterday and rained over night. So i did not got stuck yesterday and the potatoes are now sealed in in the ground.
full
First planted potato of the year 2024. - And yes, the camera is all right, i have planted three rows of Peruvian purple potatoes, 42 plants in total.
full
First row planted. The dux and me had some disagreements about the purpose of the little potatoes: They insisted to eat them now, Chaos even dug one back out and tried to swallow it hole with Mayhem and me in pursuit. Potato was saved, replanted and Chaos was banned from the Garden for the rest of the evening.
i love those I also plant purple potatoes here but mine are far from the ducks

During the late spring/early summer, when the potato plants are growing rapidly, i heard the dux through the potato patch to clean out any potato or stink-bugs, slugs,snails, basically everything that fits through a dux' throat. - When they start to nibble on the plants they have to go back outside. though…

During the late spring/early summer, when the potato plants are growing rapidly, i heard the dux through the potato patch to clean out any potato or stink-bugs, slugs,snails, basically everything that fits through a dux' throat. - When they start to nibble on the plants they have to go back outside. though…
my potato plants had a lot of aphids until I got 1500 ladybugs in the mail...

I have never eaten a purple potatoe, i am trying to grow them since two years, i started in 2021 with just six potatoes, harvested about 25 but they were all small due to excessive rainfall in that year. In 2022 i re-planted all of them and many did not develop into plants, so i ended up with about 30 tubers, which i planted last year. - During the duckling flood i was unable to weed out the potato patch so it was overgrown and i had a slim harvest. So this year it is 3 rows with 14 plants each, i vowed to keep the weeds small (no ducklings this year, the CCI is on the top-shelf in the garage, i need to climb up a rope to get to it…). And the soil has improved a lot since last year, so if they don't produce this year, i will abandon them… I expect at least 30lbs!

Back
Top Bottom