That was my idea! - I had a purple mulberry tree on one side of my house in Houston and a white one on the other. One day the neighbors had a big party and somebody parked a white car on the grass between our houses, right under the purple mulberry tree… :lau :gig

You cannot really do much with mulberries, other than reach out, pick and stuff it into the food-chute. If you collect them, the ones at the bottom of the container will be smashed, if you pick them and let them sit for more than a micro-second they ferment and mulberry juice is also called instant-shine.
But the ducks (i assume) would love to sit under the trees with open bills, waiting for a mulberry to drop right into their stomach.
Oh gosh 😭
I can imagine how the person must have felt when they came back to their car, probably feeling happy from the party, and then seeing the stains on the car

Last edited:
Oh gosh 😭
I can imagine how the person must have felt when they came back to their car, probably feeling happy from the party, and then seeing the stains on the car
They were a-holes! - Trying to blame me for the damage on their car. Yes, purple mulberry stains the paint on a car when it is not immediately removed. They were too drunk to drive home in the night, got a cab and picked up their car the next evening.

Greetings! So quiet around here...

Let me liven things up! Look what my daughter brought home yesterday:

20230526_110800.jpg

Name: Ava (pronounced Ayva)
Breed: German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix

How precious!! I hope she is bird friendly

Good afternoon and Evening everyone
Considering her mix, she's either going to want to herd them, or retrieve them! :lau

I'm introducing her to the birds slowly, but I would never leave any dog unattended with them (with the exception of a LGD raised with them).

Its really weird. My oldest cat kills squirrels and rabbits if I don't watch him. He also goes for mice. But I've raised at least 15 sets of ducklings that he has full access to including at night while I'm asleep and he's never touched one.
Lucky. I think my cats have gotten used to me having chicks/ducklings inside, they aren't interested in the least. But if one of my gerbils gets loose...

Back
Top Bottom