That wind storm that came through here on Saturday took down a huge pine tree next property over and it just missed the house. it was a miracle how the tree landed and missed the house. I am not looking forward to more. Thank goodness @Texag87 wasn't parked where that tree landed.
Fortunately nothing bad in regards of trees happened here during the latest storm yesterday. Just some scared duckies. Maybe all dead trees have been knocked over already and all the widow-makers have been downed by the previous storms. 😰

Happy Pre-Friday to Everybody!
1680795738651.png

Hello everyone.

Yes, in about a month i will be patrolling the local park-ponds again, looking out for dumped Easter-Ducklings… 😡

My town has a pretty active 'Lost and Found pets" page on Facebook. I rescued a duck that had been posted on there last year. Will probably make an ad soon encouraging people not to dump their ducks, or report any they see around town. Might be worth checking out if there's anything similar in your area.

Hello everyone.

My town has a pretty active 'Lost and Found pets" page on Facebook. I rescued a duck that had been posted on there last year. Will probably make an ad soon encouraging people not to dump their ducks, or report any they see around town. Might be worth checking out if there's anything similar in your area.
I have been registered as a duck-rehabber at the local department of natural resources since 2020. - Yet, so far no dumped duck has been dropped off here… the local raccoon and fox community is too active, unfortunately.

so far no dumped duck has been dropped off here… the local raccoon and fox community is too active, unfortunately.

That's unfortunate. I think a lot of the poor things just get disregarded too. Many people don't realize how poorly equipped domestic ducks are to survive on their own; they just think "a duck's a duck". I still have family members who act surprised when I tell them for the tenth time my ducks can't fly. Some of them just genuinely don't believe me.

In the months I spent scouring the 'Lost and Found pets' page I only saw a duck posted about once, but there were undoubtedly more out there. If nothing else I'm hoping the post I have planned will bring a bit more awareness to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom