Ok I have something going on with Bogo the Pekin. I got him free with a bag of duck starter hence the name. It looks like niacin deficiency in that he lays down a lot. When he stand both his legs tremble and shiver and then he sits. I've never had niacin deficiency with the feed I'm using, Mazuri. He's also HUGE. He's 4 months but much larger than my full grown Saxonys. He's getting swim therapy in addition to the b. I hope I don't have a meat duck issue as I wanted new DNA for my group.

Ok I have something going on with Bogo the Pekin. I got him free with a bag of duck starter hence the name. It looks like niacin deficiency in that he lays down a lot. When he stand both his legs tremble and shiver and then he sits. I've never had niacin deficiency with the feed I'm using, Mazuri. He's also HUGE. He's 4 months but much larger than my full grown Saxonys. He's getting swim therapy in addition to the b. I hope I don't have a meat duck issue as I wanted new DNA for my group.
I had this with one of my Saxony’s but that was when she was younger. Like a month to two months. Just made sure I gave her some extra vitamins and she seemed to be just fine after a few weeks. But Pekins are typically closer to full size at four months aren’t they?

Me too. I was going to cross breed him with the saxonys. But maybe something a little smaller. Hybrid vigor might create a dinosaur. I wonder if he's a jumbo. Beware free ducks. I got a Rouen with the second bag of feed which I really wanted of the two but a snake got him.

Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda :frow

Me too. I was going to cross breed him with the saxonys. But maybe something a little smaller. Hybrid vigor might create a dinosaur. I wonder if he's a jumbo. Beware free ducks. I got a Rouen with the second bag of feed which I really wanted of the two but a snake got him.
:frow Good morning Lisa, have a great day. I often add brewers yeast to their feed to amp up the vitamins.
Who is giving ducklings away with bags of feed? I need to find a new feed store! He could be jumbo. We don't have them here but I can't imagine my pekins being any bigger, people mistake them for geese
:frow Wunda, I hiope you've had a great day. Sleep well.

Who is giving ducklings away with bags of feed? I need to find a new feed store! He could be jumbo. We don't have them here but I can't imagine my pekins being any bigger, people mistake them for geese
So I went to the feed store to get bags of duckling feed. As I was leaving I saw this week old pekin alone in with more than a hundred chickens. I couldn't leave and went back in to buy him. It turned out there were two ducks in there and then feed store gave them to me. So I counted it as BOGO. But one bag of feed get one duckling.

Back
Top Bottom