I love the farm but I'm not comfortable with the town yet. I think the last town just set the bar too high. But honestly I really love this house so I will find away to enjoy it.
20200510_103829.jpg
20200521_130338.jpg
between the dams, creek and marshes, we have so many birds!! The masses of ducks are pretty cool.
20200412_102629.jpg
this little shed is over 120years old and use to be the general store here. There's lots of cool little buildings like this around here.

I love the farm but I'm not comfortable with the town yet. I think the last town just set the bar too high. But honestly I really love this house so I will find away to enjoy it.View attachment 2151351View attachment 2151354between the dams, creek and marshes, we have so many birds!! The masses of ducks are pretty cool.
View attachment 2151357 this little shed is over 120years old and use to be the general store here. There's lots of cool little buildings like this around here.
Looks very nice glad you like your home. Sometimes towns have to grow on ya!

Morning all!

Still no response from Chris on the email I sent...

I need some goose help! One of the two little goslings that I got from the feed store is acting strange. I tried to search symptoms but there’s not much coming up. He was fine most of the day yesterday, but as of last night seems to keep his neck tucked in and shake his head a lot. He’s also breathing through his mouth, but I cant figure out if there’s something stuck in his throat or what’s going on. I checked the cameras this morning and he’s still moving around with the others, but still seems off. Any ideas?

Morning all!

Still no response from Chris on the email I sent...

I need some goose help! One of the two little goslings that I got from the feed store is acting strange. I tried to search symptoms but there’s not much coming up. He was fine most of the day yesterday, but as of last night seems to keep his neck tucked in and shake his head a lot. He’s also breathing through his mouth, but I cant figure out if there’s something stuck in his throat or what’s going on. I checked the cameras this morning and he’s still moving around with the others, but still seems off. Any ideas?

Morning! :frow

That shaking head motion, often followed by a gasp of air usually indicates the bird may have something lodged in their throat, what kind of bedding are you using? Goslings can sometimes fiddle with pine shavings and accidentally eat them. You can gently run your hand along the goslings neck and feel for any obstruction, if you do, you can slowly guide it back down.

This is quite common since they have such long necks.

Morning! :frow

That shaking head motion, often followed by a gasp of air usually indicates the bird may have something lodged in their throat, what kind of bedding are you using? Goslings can sometimes fiddle with pine shavings and accidentally eat them. You can gently run your hand along the goslings neck and feel for any obstruction, if you do, you can slowly guide it back down.

This is quite common since they have such long necks.

Im using pine flakes (the large kind, not the finer stuff) but they spend most of the day in the run. I guess he still could have ingested a smaller piece. If he does have something, how would I get it out? Can I just massage his neck? What do you recommend for coop bedding? What about horse pellets?

Back
Top Bottom