Good afternoon. I have a question if anyone can help. I have a duck that is limping. She is kind wild and is hard to pick up but I can pick her up. I don't try to do it a lot so I don't traumatize her. I don't think it is bumble foot but like the said, I didn't try to traumatize her too much. The closest vet that except ducks is 2 and 1/2 hours away. It didn't feel broken. Can anyone help me? Is there an easy fix?

I doubt there’s an easy fix . What breed an age please. Can you confine her in a pen to keep her quiet and give the leg a rest? :welcome
The owners did not want them and wanted to sell them for to Amish but we decided to keep them where we caretake. About 4, we think they are Campbell ducks. We don't live by the pen,we have to drive to get there. She seems I be getting around but sits down and gives the leg a test whenever she can, the old owners own the property we caretake so they still live in the same spot. There is a possibility we can confine her but that one is not the safest. They roam around every day outside in the open and are shut in their pen every night

4 yrs old? If you can actually examine her leg to see if there’s swelling heat or both. Also check the bottom of her foot for bumble foot. If an injury rest and water therapy and poultry vitamins can hopefully get her up an going again and of course good nourishment along with everything else . So they are kept in a pen all the time or free range. Do they have a pool for bathing and how many drakes to ducks. Too many drakes trying to breed one duck can cause injuries too.

4 yrs old? If you can actually examine her leg to see if there’s swelling heat or both. Also check the bottom of her foot for bumble foot. If an injury rest and water therapy and poultry vitamins can hopefully get her up an going again and of course good nourishment along with everything else . So they are kept in a pen all the time or free range. Do they have a pool for bathing and how many drakes to ducks. Too many drakes trying to breed one duck can cause injuries too.
They are shut in a pen at night but can go in and out during the day. There are two pools, one outside and one in there pen. Two ducks and one drake. Would I be able to get vitamins at my local agricultural store such as tractor supply? She has been getting a little better over time but slowly.

Back
Top Bottom