Awww shucks. You all make me feel so special. :hugs

By the way, my 2 little call ducklings are doing well now. Took them an extra day to perk up, but they are running around crazy now.

CCF52EBC-2190-4584-8C59-09560E3C897F.jpeg

Awww shucks. You all make me feel so special. :hugs

By the way, my 2 little call ducklings are doing well now. Took them an extra day to perk up, but they are running around crazy now.

View attachment 1935450
They are freaking cute! Do you know what colors they'll be yet?

I'm thinking of using this for a Halloween card for the family.
20191015_183539.jpg

About how long does it take to tell if any of the chicks are frizzled? With my luck, I'll get the blue mottled frizzle I want, and it's going to be a cockerel lol.

Poor Nibbler has been hit with a double dose of pox. Both damp boys got it, but a cuople of days after it started clearing up, Nibbs' flared up again. The second go around he got a few canker sores in his mouth, and a lesion on his eye lid.

I've been checking his mouth, and trying to keep his wounds/lesions clean. Today his comb and waddles finally look to be getting a bit better. The color of the lesions is starting to lighten up, and swelling is going down some. His brother healed up just fine and you could never tell. Nibbler though got it much worse. I hope the poor fellas face goes back to normal.

Luckily his eyes nor throat have swollen shut. Here does not like me inspecting him and opening his mouth, but he does love tomatoes. I found that out today, and it made inspection time much better. He didn't try to jump/run/fly/scream at all. As soon as I let his waddle/comb/beak go I put a slice of cherry tomatoes in his faces. In general he good at being handled, but after 4-5th day of me catching him in a row, he wasn't very happy with me.

This is just a couple of hours ago.
20191015_170905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom