gorgeous birds. I just love black and white together on a bird.
Me too. Until I had the LB chicks, I thought the Columbia pattern was a bit boring, but it's actually quite nice to look at.

I particularly like it on the LB too. I'm considering selling the GL Wynedotte and Barred Rock pullets to get a couple more Brahmas. They are much prettier and have a better personality in my opinion. The GLW and BR are scared of their own shadows.

Yep as long as they aren’t broody, only draw back. I have a chocolate Orpington who’s broody right now! I take her out of the nest box every afternoon and close the pop door so she can’t go back inside and every morning she stands aT the door with me waiting for me to let the Runners out so she can get back in the nest box. Other than that they are good layers.

nice color assortment! The black ones are definitely mottled. Actually they probably all are. The lightest colored ones are splash, and you might have a couple blues in there too. :clap

and yes, the CL looks female! :yesss:

Yep as long as they aren’t broody, only draw back. I have a chocolate Orpington who’s broody right now! I take her out of the nest box every afternoon and close the pop door so she can’t go back inside and every morning she stands aT the door with me waiting for me to let the Runners out so she can get back in the nest box. Other than that they are good layers.
That sounds pretty cute. Do they still get moody when they want to sit?

nice color assortment! The black ones are definitely mottled. Actually they probably all are. The lightest colored ones are splash, and you might have a couple blues in there too. :clap

and yes, the CL looks female! :yesss:
:yesss::celebrate:yesss:
Here's a couple more pictures. :D
Last group nap before the move.
20191014_110852.jpg

"The move" under better lighting.
20191014_214438.jpg

In a brooder with some nutri-drench enriched water. These guys'll be in the 4x4 brooder (& out of it) in no time.
20191014_235403.jpg
20191014_215249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom