Hi Trim! :frow Good morning!
I'm glad to hear it might not be as bad as sounds! Hopefully you won't lose your power this time! What day is it supposed to start next week? Do you happen to know the exact day it's supposed to hit?
I pray y'all stay well protected!
Have a grand day! :)
Ehh, I think it's going to hit Monday, but I'm not sure. Hurricane tracking seems to be a bit wonky. Often changing, especially when it's out at sea. On Tuesday one channel was reporting a Cat 2 on Sunday. 35 minutes later they said a Cat 4 on Monday. There's a lot of variable that can affect the storms path.

Lol, it'll take a miracle to not lose power. It's almost one of the thing we are guaranteed. Especially where I live. There are a ton of old trees that normally break power lines, block roads, and sometimes crush cars. It's not as bad here as the SE coast, but it can still be dangerous. I don't think we are going to be in trouble though. One way I look at it is, I am "ready" and beyond that, there's not much I can do. No need to worry about things I can not do anything about. I'm more worried about the chickens than me to be honest. :fl

Morning Quackie! One of the benefits of living in a tropical area is it's always green. :cool:

TAKE US WITH YOU! :D
I hope the tip goes well. Do you have any big plans or is it more of an R&R trip?
It is more of an R&R trip. My boss booked flight and resort for my husband and I in Aruba for my 10yrs anniversary with the company. I cannot wait!

That's sounds awesome. Enjoy the R&R!
Congrats on the 10 years too!
Thanks Chris we really need this vacation. We have been the main caregivers for his mom with Alzheimers and we recently were the ones to get her in a memory care facility and have since been taking care of his dad. We are tired but the BIL and family are coming in from VA to give us a week off. Thank you family!!!

How are things in Florida Chris? Any ideas on what killed you chick after dissection?
To be honest I've not even looked at the news today. My wife worries enough for both of us. According to her, we might as well have built a boat. We live in a block house, and are on the high point of the property. The swamp has about 8' of slope to climb before it can reach the house.

I'm not sure what killed the BA, but the O Shamo had a pretty bad backup in the intestine. It's intestine was smaller than a pencil lead, but right at the colon it was about as thick as my pinkie. I'm not sure what caused it though, as it wasn't having pasty butt issues like the BA was.

I'm starting to worry a bit about the incubating eggs now. They have 8 days left... :idunno
If they die it will take the investment toll to $360 for no birds... In all honesty, if I can just get 2 O Shamo chicks to live, I'll still call this a success, but I am not feeling very confident in that right now.

I do however have much more faith in the eggs that will be incubated next. Those are going to be Cream Legbars, and Bantam Cochins. :yesss: I know I've been saying I want to stay away from bantams, but ya know... Some breeds are worth an exception. ;)

Last edited:
Morning Bob. I hope all goes well for you while you're gone. Don't forget we're just a click away. :hugs

In regards to being safe. I've got the surf boards ready! If worse comes to it, I can always build a raft and have the ducks power it.
:gig

We should be okay. We've got plenty of none perishables, and drinking water. I'll be filling up a few barrels with none potable water today for if we need it. Got the generator on standby. Even got the portable AC unit waiting so we can actually get some sleep. To me that's one of the worse parts of a hurricane. Loosing power and having to sleep in those muggy conditions. YUK! Lol, we even have a sterno powered coffee pot! (I am not the only coffee junky here)
Coffee=prepared! (for almost anything)

Back
Top Bottom