The birb king's chickens

Pics
Yea they are a cool breed, but I don't really have space for extra breeding pens, so I tend to focus on only breeding a few different breeds at a time.
Makes sense.
If you want to try your hand at breeding them, shoot me up.
I should have pretty nice silver duckwings later on this year.

One Serama chick so far and another on the way! It looks like a chocolate but it's kinda hard to tell
20240513_171840.jpg
20240513_171848.jpg

Cute!
My chick hatched yesterday, but it has a crooked toe, which means I can't use it in my breeding program. :hmm
That's unfortunate. She should have 3 more eggs hatching these next few days. I have a bit of a problem. The hens are always laying new eggs in her nest, and today there were 2 new ones that had just started developing. I had taken them out earlier so I thought they had died but they were still moving. I could just barley see a few veins. I was gonna throw them out, but that wouldn't be right for a living egg. I'm just not sure what to do. Could try an incubator I guess. :hmm

That's unfortunate. She should have 3 more eggs hatching these next few days. I have a bit of a problem. The hens are always laying new eggs in her nest, and today there were 2 new ones that had just started developing. I had taken them out earlier so I thought they had died but they were still moving. I could just barley see a few veins. I was gonna throw them out, but that wouldn't be right for a living egg. I'm just not sure what to do. Could try an incubator I guess. :hmm
I would put them In your incubator.
You always have the chance to get 2 more seramas.
Then you can also start getting more eggs to put in the incubator since it's already going.
That's what I would do.

I would put them In your incubator.
You always have the chance to get 2 more seramas.
Then you can also start getting more eggs to put in the incubator since it's already going.
That's what I would do.
I almost cracked them open...not sure what was going through my head but I feel kinda bad about it now. Glad I didn't. Yes I will try to set up the incubator. I guess im just a bit tired and stressed today

I almost cracked them open...not sure what was going through my head but I feel kinda bad about it now. Glad I didn't. Yes I will try to set up the incubator. I guess im just a bit tired and stressed today
Dang, yeah. That would've been a not so pleasant surprise.

I feel you man. Classic Monday I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom