Texas

Hopefully its a full house,
big_smile.png
id hate to got to a show and all the cages are empty.
sad.png

its my first yr with shamo bantams
wink.png

What color cornish do you have ?

If no one minds me asking, how have you gotten your land? Everyone talks about acre this or several acres that, I would love to own land but I haven’t got the simplest clue on how I could afford any at all? Any suggestions?
pop.gif

Quote:
Right?

DH and I just bought our 5.2 acres 3 years ago. Two years later we had our house built on it. It was expensive, and difficult to get financing even with our EXCELLENT CREDIT ... but we did it ... finally.

So my advise is .. work hard, save money, keep your credit clean and never give up on the dream.

We have 2+ acres outside of Austin. Your garden looks great. I have a large garden that we are currently building a cage over. The sqirrels are stealing even the green tomatoes and melons. How are you dealing with that situation?

I'm on 3 acres.

Work hard, save money, buy the land with a run-down foreclosure house on it. For the next few years, spend every spare minute and dime fixing the house.

Well I guess we are still young and maybe with hard work and determination one day I will be able to say how many acres we have...Hard work, save money..got it.

Quote:
We do not have a problem with the squirrels. Mocking birds get a few tomatoes sometimes. Our biggest issue has been armadillos. Between me and two other neighbors we have taken out close to a dz this summer!

Haven't been on in a couple of days
sad.png
Anyone else get rain Sunday??? 'course after a couple of hours you couldn't even tell, but it was rain!! I live on 15 acres. My grandparents bought the land when I was 3. When the kids and I moved back home after my divorce last year, Grannie gave me 3 of the 15 so I could use them as a down payment for my trailer. I'm looking forward to being able to share some of the stuff I learned growing up with my kids. I tell people I've been blessed with a great job and a great place to live, it's just a shame they are 100 miles apart. My work is taking precious time away from time I could be using to "farm."
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom