Tattoos?

My only tattoo. Got it yesterday.
I've struggled mightily the last 13 years with devastating floods, major career struggles, the loss of both of my parents and caregiving my partner when he developed early onset Alzheimer's. He is now in hospice care and I will have to deal with his physical loss in the not too distant future.
The butterfly symbolizes resilience and transformation and it's placement symbolizes the emergence of strength from the stresses I've shouldered over these years.
It is a red spotted purple butterfly. A species I've found when hiking with my dogs through the forests near where I live. Hiking with my dogs have gotten me through a lot of horribly dark times and have kept me going.
My hope is that my life will start to have more joy than sorrow starting this year and I wanted to celebrate that with this art.
View attachment 3739743
Just throwing in my 2 cents here, @DobieLover … I absolutely love this and think your artist did a wonderful job.

Just throwing in my 2 cents here, @DobieLover … I absolutely love this and think your artist did a wonderful job.
She did. I researched to find a good artist in a much larger city north of me. I think it's stunning now that it's all healed and I simply love it. I've been looking for clothes I can wear to show it off. :lol:

I need to get a picture of mine healed I completely forgot I'll get that today if I can remember.
Here I got them.
IMG_5886.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg

IMG_5885.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom