Sumatra chickens available for free Pensacola Florida

Sumatra1

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2023
Hello, we are moving to a place that is much smaller and will not be able to bring our pet Sumatra chickens. We have a rooster a hen and their two "baby" chicks she hatched on her own this summer. The chicks are not babies but also not quite big enough to keep with the rooster just yet. Keep in mind Sumatras are not meat birds nor are they as avid a layer as the standard chicken. During the summer we got approximately 3 eggs per week from our hen. She isn't laying at the moment with her chicks so I have no experience with how many eggs she'll lay in the winter or if she'll lay in the winter naturally. The rooster and hen are a year and a half old and the two chicks are about three to four months old. They are our pets which we have also to give us natural eggs. They are currently in a pen but do fly and would do well with some room on a farm or other similar area. We don't feed them egg laying feed as we want them to just live a natural life and get natural eggs. Know that they are not always as docile as your average chicken. They are more closely related to their wild relatives in Sumatra and can be flighty at times. The rooster does his natural duty at protecting the flock and will come after you from time to time. We are ok with this and allow him to keep his natural instincts to protect the flock.

We respectfully request you only ask questions if you are truly serious about wanting to adopt them AND live in the area or would drive to this area. We are not looking to ship them or anything like that. If you are interested we would also like to know what your intentions are with them and we may even be interested in physically traveling to see where they will be staying prior to adoption. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_MRrooster.jpeg
    IMG_MRrooster.jpeg
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Yes I'll see if I can put up a picture or two. I just didn't put one up because they look just like the ones you would see online. Thank you.

I'm an hour east of you and I was actually looking for Sumatra recently. Quite a coincidence. My flock lives entirely free range in a forest surrounding a freshwater spring

I'm an hour east of you and I was actually looking for Sumatra recently. Quite a coincidence. My flock lives entirely free range in a forest surrounding a freshwater spring
I would agree that is quite a coincidence. Free range in a forest surrounding a fresh water spring sounds like a perfect place for them. Are you still looking for some Sumatras?

I would agree that is quite a coincidence. Free range in a forest surrounding a fresh water spring sounds like a perfect place for them. Are you still looking for some Sumatras?
My wife and I had been considering ordering Sumatra from Cackle in the spring, but this would be far more ideal. I would love to come and pick them up from you Monday or any day afterwards. You'll be able to see plenty of pictures of them here on BYC

Back
Top Bottom