Squirrel invasion!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bloody squirells!!!!!!
Not happy with eating the food they have also eaten my feed bucket and chicken feeder!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have the same problem, though it took them over a year to realize they can get in. They get into the run from the top. My run isn't covered (can't be covered) with a roof, and the wire has to have holes wide enough to avoid snow buildup in the winter. So the holes are 2x4, big enough for a squirrel to fit though. Then they get into the coop through the pop door. I'm having a hard time trapping them (they won't go in for some reason, or maybe go in and make it back out), but I figured out the perfect trap. I wait for one to go inside the coop, lock it in, go in through the human access door with a hoe and bash the sucker's brains out. It moves too fast to shoot, plus I don't want to damage anything in the coop. I've never seen more than two or three squirrels on our property though (small suburban backyard) so hopefully I won't be dealing with dozens at a time like some folks have mentioned... I have young pullets so I can't use a treadle feeder. If they were endangered or threatened or ecologically important in their current numbers, I'd feel more guilty about this, but gray squirrels are an absolute pest over here, displacing other species, so bashing them feels quite satisfying actually...

Back
Top Bottom