Sick baby

Loomyk

Hatching
Apr 14, 2024
My mom a few weeks ago got two baby chicks, one is almost got all her feathers except for her head so not sure how old exactly. She began sneezing a week ago with fluid an now holds her beak open to breathe, you can hear her trying to get air and it’s awful. I’ve tried vet rx, I have human antibiotics an heard you can crush them up an administer in syringe but I don’t know how much. Help I don’t want her to suffocate! No vet near me that takes chickens

Where did the baby chicks come from? It sounds like the bay chick may have a respiratory disease. Those which include MG, usually are brought in by buying chicks from other people rather that a feed store or hatchery. It also can be spread through a hatching egg to a baby chick. One disease, brooder pneumonia, can be a result of mold inside the brooder from water and feed spills. Do you have other chickens, and do you have any Tylosin? What antibiotic do you have?

Where did the baby chicks come from? It sounds like the bay chick may have a respiratory disease. Those which include MG, usually are brought in by buying chicks from other people rather that a feed store or hatchery. It also can be spread through a hatching egg to a baby chick. One disease, brooder pneumonia, can be a result of mold inside the brooder from water and feed spills. Do you have other chickens, and do you have any Tylosin? What antibiotic do you have?
Sorry I made another post more specific they’re from tractor supply. I love where there aren’t many vet clinics a they don’t work with chickens which blows my mind. I started her on vet rx an colloidal silver drops. I have amoxicillin an heard you can crush it up an give it to her but not sure how much

Sorry I made another post more specific they’re from tractor supply. I love where there aren’t many vet clinics a they don’t work with chickens which blows my mind. I started her on vet rx an colloidal silver drops. I have amoxicillin an heard you can crush it up an give it to her but not sure how much
Did you get your answer to this? I have 1 week old chicks with the same issue! I'm wondering if it's safe to give amoxicillin or Tylosin at this young age, and of so, what's the dosage?

Back
Top Bottom