Showing Serama chickens

MaidenMeriem

Hatching
May 10, 2024
I have 3 gorgeous blue serama chickens about 8-10 months old. (I might be a little biased). Can anybody tell me, how do they stack up to show quality chickens. (Please forgive the trimmed tail feathers on my roo. We had a challenge/incident while over-wintering them during an article cold front. Working on that for next winter.)
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_222429_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_222429_Gallery.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240510_222422_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_222422_Gallery.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 11
DO YOU STILL HAVE FOR PURCHUSE
I don't want to sell these. They're my first Seramas; I was wondering how they match up against show quality. I think I'm going to try hatching though. So if you're in the midwest, I might have some next year. If you're in Florida, I could give you the contact info of the breeder I got them from.

I have 3 gorgeous blue serama chickens about 8-10 months old. (I might be a little biased). Can anybody tell me, how do they stack up to show quality chickens. (Please forgive the trimmed tail feathers on my roo. We had a challenge/incident while over-wintering them during an article cold front. Working on that for next winter.)
Thanks in advance!
I never went to a chicken show but for those type isn’t the smaller the better?

The chest on your boy could be bigger, the head and neck could have a better position, with the comb almost touching the tail feathers. IMO wing position is good. I like him. Could we get some better pics of the females?

@allosaurusrock would you agree with my assessment?

I never went to a chicken show but for those type isn’t the smaller the better?

No. As long as they are within the size range stated in the standard, smaller is in fact, not better. There are many more factors at play. Not to mention that breeding extremely small birds negatively impacts their health

Back
Top Bottom