shingles on ramp for traction?

farmincity

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2015
I am building my ramp for the ducks pond. I am using a 300 gallon stock tank. It is about 26 inchs high. I thought I would use a 12 foot long ramp 12 inches wide. I also was wondering if I could cover it with extra shingles for traction. Your input would be appreciated.is the size ok?

Shingles will work great.Make sure you have an easy way to drain and clean Ducks will get it nasty really quick

Thank you Big Bruce. The stock tank comes with a bottom drain. I plan on adding a swirl filter and gravel bed for filtering and grow bed and use as a duck ponics system. I have 10 years of koi pond experience. So I have an understanding of biological filtration. But for now I will use the bottom drain to drain of the bottom debris to my garden. I must do the work myself so it will probably take me until late fall or spring to complete filter system.
btw I think the ducks are going to be more entertaining than the koi.

I spent 2 hours this evening just watching my ducks and chickens.Its entertaining than the junk on tv

Possibly over kill on my part. On my ramp I used wood slats about every foot and in between I stapled fast the foamy stuff you use to line kitchen drawers. They really get a good grip on it and its rubber so stands the weather very well.

Back
Top Bottom