She ate a firework! What next

Show Sebright

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 1, 2020
Orlando FL
So Maple at that thing that comes off a firework when it explodes. She seems fine. I forced water in her. Will she explode? I don’t know if the Piece she ate was the explosive or not.

I don’t think there’s any danger of her exploding since there’s no way it could get exposed to flame or spark while inside her. I might be worried about poisoning though depending on what kind she might have swallowed. I would give her plenty of her favorite food mash or scrambled eggs chopped up small or even plain bread to coat her crop and stomach to prevent burns.

I'm not a pyrotechnics engineer, but I don't believe there's much risk of stomach acid triggering an explosive. I think a bigger concern might be the chemicals in it. I would recommend feeding her some charcoal.

I'm not a pyrotechnics engineer, but I don't believe there's much risk of stomach acid triggering an explosive. I think a bigger concern might be the chemicals in it. I would recommend feeding her some charcoal.
Just qualifying activated charcoal not the grilling kind. The grilling kind is usually chock full of nasty chemicals and is toxic in its own right.

Just qualifying activated charcoal not the grilling kind. The grilling kind is usually chock full of nasty chemicals and is toxic in its own right.
I'm a vegetarian and didn't even think of the barbecue kind--I never eat barbecued food. Yes, I was thinking of the pharmaceutical variety of charcoal such as is often obtainable in tablet or capsule form, or sometimes a powder that one mixes with water.

So I have her some yogurt mixed in her food. She seems happy. And it going to lay and eggs now. Hopefully she just ate the paper. Can’t fine the charcoal and it’s out of stock at my local store. 😒 But she seem 100% a-ok

So I have her some yogurt mixed in her food. She seems happy. And it going to lay and eggs now. Hopefully she just ate the paper. Can’t fine the charcoal and it’s out of stock at my local store. 😒 But she seem 100% a-ok
Glad she’s doing okay! I agree it sounds like she probably just ate the paper if she’s eating just fine this morning. If it was going to hurt her it probably would have done it last night right after she ate it.

Back
Top Bottom