Rooster(s)

AngieBlain

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2023
Hello!
Before I have to resort to butchering is there anyone in our around the Leslie (MI) area that would like to take a minimum of one rooster?
I have my first flock with 3 roosters and 15 hens. Clearly not a good radio. One rooster is a jerk and attacks people but is otherwise a good boy. That being said I did some incubation and hatching and also bought a few more so I have a younger flock of 20... in that flock I have a potential of 4 roosters. Not sure yet, as I'm only about a year in to having chickens so I'm not perfect with sexing. I for sure have one rooster who has matured quite rapidly and is also a jerk. He is going to be a big boy too just like his dad but I will not be keeping him. The other 3 potential roosters so far are nice but still will leave me with a terrible ratio of 6 roosters to 31 hens. I truly need no more than my 3 original boys. They do well together and the flock is happy. I just need more hens to even them out so the poor hens don't get mounted so much (their back feathers are getting ripped out and they have to have saddles on at this point).....
So like I said, before I resort to butchering I thought I would reach out and see if anyone was interested in some roosters..... I can get some pics if desired but don't really have any good ones right now.
TIA!

Back
Top Bottom