Remembering Restaurant...

The Chick Addict

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Jun 23, 2022
Texoma
Hello Everyone. I would like to post a memorial thread of a beloved hen of my family named Restaurant who died today, July 15 2023. On March 11 2022, I went to my local feed store to go buy some day-old chicks of different breeds. In all, I bought 30 chicks two different days. I lost 2 a couple days after I bought them, 1 lost t my chicken-killing dogs, 1 Guinea Fowl to an unknown reproductive condition, and 1 to sickness. All of my babies are part of the family and loved more than you could ever imagine! Today I left for a relative's birthday party for several hours and there was a heat advisory. When I came back home, I went inside and rested until 7:30 when I went to go get them everything they need for the next day. My buck, Caspien, escaped and went into the coop to eat their food (which for some reason he likes better than his goat feed) and I sprayed him with the hose. As I went inside to collect eggs, I noticed one of my Rhodies laying on the ground. For a minute I thought she was dust-bathing but then realized she was un-moving. I ran to her body. It was Restaurant, my young sister's hen and a beloved member of the family. She was lying on her back with her head covered in shavings. I ran inside and started crying and told the rest of my family. I couldn't believe this had happened. It couldn't be possible! I cried for a while, while my dad dug a grave in our little animal cemetery. I printed out a lovely Prayer for a Lost Pet and we proceeded to her grave alongside the others. As we proceeded away from the coop, the other loves started singing a chicken song. We laid her inside and said the prayer and we all laid 5 Wild Pink Primroses on her and put dirt over her body. Me and my younger sister put two cement stones over her grave and wrote her name on it. My other chickens seem a bit sad and not as peppy after her death. I know they miss her! :hit I've set some of her eggs underneath our broody hen and am hoping that some will hatch! :fl

Restaurant was a lovely Rhode Island Red with a beautiful personality. Her nicknames were Resty, Restita, Restita-Love, Restaurante, etc. She was very loving and liked to sit in our laps. She had her rude moments but she was always so nice and kind. She had beautiful, bright orange/yellow eyes with so much love and intelligence inside. She had very dark red feathers and was one of our sweetest hens. She liked to do her own thing but was always wanting to be loved. We loved and still love her so much and cannot wait to see her again in heaven.

:hit 💚We love and miss you so much Restaurant!!! 💚 :hit

Last edited:
1689501896462.png

Hello Everyone. I would like to post a memorial thread of a beloved hen of my family named Restaurant who died today, July 15 2023. On March 11 2022, I went to my local feed store to go buy some day-old chicks of different breeds. In all, I bought 30 chicks two different days. I lost 2 a couple days after I bought them, 1 lost t my chicken-killing dogs, 1 Guinea Fowl to an unknown reproductive condition, and 1 to sickness. All of my babies are part of the family and loved more than you could ever imagine! Today I left for a relative's birthday party for several hours and there was a heat advisory. When I came back home, I went inside and rested until 7:30 when I went to go get them everything they need for the next day. My buck, Caspien, escaped and went into the coop to eat their food (which for some reason he likes better than his goat feed) and I sprayed him with the hose. As I went inside to collect eggs, I noticed one of my Rhodies laying on the ground. For a minute I thought she was dust-bathing but then realized she was un-moving. I ran to her body. It was Restaurant, my young sister's hen and a beloved member of the family. She was lying on her back with her head covered in shavings. I ran inside and started crying and told the rest of my family. I couldn't believe this had happened. It couldn't be possible! I cried for a while, while my dad dug a grave in our little animal cemetery. I printed out a lovely Prayer for a Lost Pet and we proceeded to her grave alongside the others. As we proceeded away from the coop, the other loves started singing a chicken song. We laid her inside and said the prayer and we all laid 5 Wild Pink Primroses on her and put dirt over her body. Me and my younger sister put two cement stones over her grave and wrote her name on it. My other chickens seem a bit sad and not as peppy after her death. I know they miss her! :hit I've set some of her eggs underneath our broody hen and am hoping that some will hatch! :fl

Restaurant was a lovely Rhode Island Red with a beautiful personality. Her nicknames were Resty, Restita, Restita-Love, Restaurante, etc. She was very loving and liked to sit in our laps. She had her rude moments but she was always so nice and kind. She had beautiful, bright orange/yellow eyes with so much love and intelligence inside. She had very dark red feathers and was one of our sweetest hens. She liked to do her own thing but was always wanting to be loved. We loved and still love her so much and cannot wait to see her again in heaven.

:hit 💚We love and miss you so much Restaurant!!! 💚 :hit

:hugs:hugs

I cried when I read this. You remind me of when I was younger and vegetarian. Before I became a nurse which hardened me as a person. Funny that I’m typing this while there’s a radio ad for nursing students. I wanted to be a vet then decided I don’t want to put animals to sleep and also have allergies. I use Allerpet once a week to have the kitten a friend gave me. Anyway sorry for getting off topic. I Hope Restaurant’s babies hatch 🐣

Back
Top Bottom