Red Mites in my house

esther

Hatching
12 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Hi, I'm in desperate need of advice. We recently had a serious problem with Red Mites in the Chicken house, with perserverence we've now got it well under control. However, we've spotted mites in the house!

First of all, about 5 days ago my son spotted some on one of his T-Shirts. They seemed to be breeding in the seams. We threw the shirt out and washed everything else he owned and hoovered and disinfected his room and the rest of the house. However, we've found a few more on his clothing (only about 10) and I had one on me today too. My son has a terrible rash that I can only assume has been caused by the bugs. One of the main problems is I can't see where they are. There are no large groups of them anywhere as there was on the hen house.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Can you suggest anything to help us?

Esther

Have you called an exterminator?

I would powder around some food grade DE in my carpets, mattresses and bedding and any upholstered furniture and continue to vacuum daily as well as wash anything and everything possible in hot soapy water and a little liquid lysol (it'll kill most anything)and put it through the dryer on a high heat setting.

Good luck on getting rid of your problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom