Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my 1st egg. I blew it out and now it's showcased in my cabinet! It's actually very very small. (Sheesh, should have cleaned the glass before I took this photo)
smile.png

92140_1stegg.jpg

The wait is over! No one understands (except chicken people) the excitement and pure joy of finding your FIRST EGG! We had been checking the nest box everyday a couple times a day and as usual there was nothing but disappointment. Yesterday however was completely different from the very beginning. We spent the whole first part of the entire day outside with the chickens; we bought plants and bugs for them to eat, I cleaned out there chicken coop, and we raked the yard and the girls found worms. After running some errands in the afternoon we returned home (about 4:30pm) and we immediately went to check the chickens. Only two were visible, the third was up in the nest box, we thought to ourselves, could this be it? Is our chicken really going to lay us an egg? We closed the box and not 1 minute later she came down to join her sisters, when we checked the box, to our amazement and pure bliss our Michelle had laid us our and her FIRST EGG! We screamed with delight, we hugged and kissed, this really is the best feeling in the world! We love our chickens, and now we feel like finally one of them loves us too!

this is the proud mama and our FIRST EGG!
87476_adan_386.jpg
87476_adan_362.jpg

this is our first egg next to a store bought "large" egg.
87476_adan_403.jpg
87476_adan_404.jpg

Our Speckled Sussex, Esther, laid her first egg today!
D.gif

Last edited:
I thought it was too late in the year so I gave up and just enjoy our girls when I can. Today I was out there cleaning up their coop when low and behold!!! 2 eggs! I believe these are from our Buff. I thought our SLW would be first b/c she's a big older but she's had a limp for the last month and I'm not sure she can lay. So... do we eat the first ones?
smile.png

I'm so excited to be posting here today!!! After waiting for my little lady for what seemed like forever she finally laid her first egg yesterday (at 31 weeks!!). She's a beautiful marans and the egg was such a treasure to find in the nest!!!! Yippeee!!!

103548_bettys_first_egg_12-6-11.jpg

103548_betty_30_weeks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom