Pipd's Peeps!

I lost three more last night and caught a coon. It opened the door on one pen and I lost a silver Sebrite, Dusty my project EE rooster and a silver Phoenix hen. I'm so frustrated and mad and depressed.

I lost three more last night and caught a coon. It opened the door on one pen and I lost a silver Sebrite, Dusty my project EE rooster and a silver Phoenix hen. I'm so frustrated and mad and depressed.

I am so, so sorry to hear that! :hugs Not Dusty, too!! 💔

Hoping you have a lot of success in knocking your raccoon population down some. I know a lot of people say that we're invading their habitat and they need to eat, too, or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that much of the U.S. was not originally the habitat of raccoons anyway and they are overpopulated and expanded beyond their natural habitat because they figured out they could be lazy and get fat by eating garbage instead of sticking to their natural food sources. So, at least in my opinion, a little population control doesn't hurt in their case. :rant Good luck!

As far as my neck of the woods, we've got our first air breather in the Buck babies!! :wee I was seeing lots of draw down last night and a couple internal pips, so I knew it would be soon! Looks like they're on schedule to hatch on Sunday like they should instead of a day early like Wyatt's babies did 😅

I am so, so sorry to hear that! :hugs Not Dusty, too!! 💔

Hoping you have a lot of success in knocking your raccoon population down some. I know a lot of people say that we're invading their habitat and they need to eat, too, or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that much of the U.S. was not originally the habitat of raccoons anyway and they are overpopulated and expanded beyond their natural habitat because they figured out they could be lazy and get fat by eating garbage instead of sticking to their natural food sources. So, at least in my opinion, a little population control doesn't hurt in their case. :rant Good luck!
Yes picking up bird shot for the shot gun today. It's going to be a vigil tonight after shoring up the coop that was opened last night.

As far as my neck of the woods, we've got our first air breather in the Buck babies!! :wee I was seeing lots of draw down last night and a couple internal pips, so I knew it would be soon! Looks like they're on schedule to hatch on Sunday like they should instead of a day early like Wyatt's babies did 😅
I have some air breathers myself this morning!

I have some air breathers myself this morning!
The incubator is peeping but no one is out of the shell yet.

1000005978.jpg

Yeah, that's a tough one. Easter-eggers are such a crap shoot if you're looking for any specific genetics. Old English could certainly work, you'll just have to be careful about getting recessives like single comb and white eggs out of your line.

Did you get any chicks from Dusty before now or have any eggs out of the hens he was with that you could hatch?

Yeah, that's a tough one. Easter-eggers are such a crap shoot if you're looking for any specific genetics. Old English could certainly work, you'll just have to be careful about getting recessives like single comb and white eggs out of your line.

Did you get any chicks from Dusty before now or have any eggs out of the hens he was with that you could hatch?
I do the ones from the three hens that are co-parenting. I was already planing on keeping one of the males to replace the silver phoenix male I lost. I'll have to see if we get one that has blue in the make up. I'm going to pull all the Phoenix hen eggs from the box today and set them aside to hatch out.

I would be weeding out the single comb from Dusty. I'm sure he was split pea comb gens. With the old english I'll be dealing with white legs instead of willow. I may have to order more silver bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs from GypsyHen tho.

Back
Top Bottom