Pics of my flock

Freshly hatched babies, from today. Thought I could share.
DABF9268-A928-4E81-B0B6-4254986C0FD9.jpeg
2FFC8A0C-E0FB-40F7-A688-94C920682F5F.jpeg

Oh they're all adorable!! Thank you for sharing, I especially love when they've just fluffed out! They look so silly when they're still all damp. What breed are they? 😍
One ( I think) is an Australorp X French BCM, The other (bearded) I know it is an EE X French BCM, It hatched from a blue egg. My roo is the FBCM.

goosewithducklings.jpg
First time letting the ducklings outside n of course Goose (my cuddliest rooster) had to b involved.
He let them crawl all over him n it was adorable but also they're already so big and it's only been -- what, two weeks I think? edit: No, it's just been roughly over a week.
Anyway I haven't had ducklings before, maybe I should go check out the duck part of these forums (but I do have some grown up ducks and I really like ducks).

So a lotta these pictures (but not all) are from last fall before things got dreary and muddy over-winter, but I wanted to share some pictures of my flock and ramble about how much I love them!
They are all very sweet birds, the roosters I've kept are friendly if a bit skittish (but some of them are big cuddlers too) and I just love chickens a whole lot, more now that I've got my own.

The three younger ones hatched around December, and have just transferred to outside! Ebony (the black one) is a sex link, and so is her white sister there with the black feathers, and their dad is that really pretty boy in the first picture (his name is Atilla)! He's an Ayam Cemani/White Leghorn cross, we're pretty sure, and he was one of the first birds I got. He's skittish most of the time but if I sit down out there long enough or just hang out, he'll come hang out with me.
He's also super lovely to the hens. Even before they started laying he was tryna find em nesting spots, and when they did start laying he tried to sit in the nest boxes with them before they kicked him out.
The really round cuckoo barred lady there is Matilda and she likes to bite if you don't let her sit in your lap. Also a very good hen, lays the biggest eggs I've ever seen too.
And so far my favorite breed has been the Brahmas, because they are the cuddliest calmest birds I've ever met. The one in the pic is Morticia and she also wants to be a lap chicken, so then she and Matilda get mad at each other because I can't fit two large hens on me at once.
😭
Anyway me n my roommate are also hatching a whole bunch of eggs from this mixed flock this spring (some are hatching right now actually!) and looking forward to seeing what the babies will all look like.
I do have more pictures and I will share more 😍
What a gorgeous flock! Love hearing about others loving their chicken time! Thank you for sharing.

View attachment 3809887First time letting the ducklings outside n of course Goose (my cuddliest rooster) had to b involved.
He let them crawl all over him n it was adorable but also they're already so big and it's only been -- what, two weeks I think? edit: No, it's just been roughly over a week.
Anyway I haven't had ducklings before, maybe I should go check out the duck part of these forums (but I do have some grown up ducks and I really like ducks).
I never get good roosters despite my best efforts. In one that hand tames and frequently - multiple times daily - handles all of them to keep them tame. But invariably every. Single. Roo turns hateful and violent on me!
Think I'm a little jealous! Lol! (Jokin)
I love ducks. I don't have anywhere for them, and it's too wild here in Northern Maine, on the border, for them to survive, esp. winters, but when i get back down south i hope to have a setup for some! Yours are lovely!

Back
Top Bottom