Peacock injury to eye?

Bculotta

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys, i need advice! I have 4 peafowl, 3 males and one female and i recently noticed the 3 males sparring. Only witnessed it once, not happened since. The next day, i noticed one of their eyes was kinda bubbly and yellow. Im assuming the yellow is puss? I flushed it with saline and sprayed vetericyn. Am i treating correctly or what can i do!? Here is a picture i took before i flushed it.

Attachments

• 20190425_141350.jpg
    20190425_141350.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 76
Welcome to BYC. What does the eye look like after cleaning it? Does the eye appear intact or is the pink tissue around the eye (conjunctiva) swollen? Vetericyn is good to use, but if there appears to be infection, I would try to get an antibiotic eye drop or ointment. Terramycin can be found in some feed stores if you ask for it, and a vet could prescribe ciprofloxacin drops or erythromycin ointment. If the eye swells with a lot of pus, it can help to remove it.

Welcome to BYC. What does the eye look like after cleaning it? Does the eye appear intact or is the pink tissue around the eye (conjunctiva) swollen? Vetericyn is good to use, but if there appears to be infection, I would try to get an antibiotic eye drop or ointment. Terramycin can be found in some feed stores if you ask for it, and a vet could prescribe ciprofloxacin drops or erythromycin ointment. If the eye swells with a lot of pus, it can help to remove it.
The eye looks good, looks intact and alert when i clean it, not swollen. When i clean it, i can see what looks like a worm almost thats hanging down from inside the eyelid. I originally thought he got pecked in the eye. It looks much better today after i cleaned it, but it was still foamy. I can stop at tractor supply and get terramycin this evening. Im hoping it works

Back
Top Bottom