PawHut 24' Chicken Coop Galvanized Metal

Gammas Bearded Babies

Crossing the Road
May 24, 2021
Middle Tennessee
Husband has suggested this instead of the fencing underneath the deck as he plans to have it redone in next year or so. This would solve the fencing in area for the chicks to roam rather than me standing guard as I let them out of coop/run for an hour here and there.
I would still have my pre-fab coop inside this fencing...but would be more safely able to cut into it and add hardware cloth in cutout openings for ventilation.
Eventually over time I would love to be able to use this as a basis and add onto it wood framing and an open-air coop design within the fencing here. (See links below for others on BYC that have similar layouts BUT did not use a structure like this)
Remember my entire yard where the chicks are is already fenced in with wrought-iron fencing all the way around. We live in a subdivision...so he thinks the predators are minimal and that this would work.
We also live in Tennessee so winters aren't too bad...summers can be pretty hot and humid.
Cost of this is $400 or so.
The futuristic idea for this would be to frame it out similar to [URL="https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/pa-suburban-chicken-coop.75622/"]PA Suburban Chicken Coop[/URL] coop/run
OR similar to this coop/run
[URL="https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/strong-safe-low-maintenance-coop.65881/"]Strong, Safe, Low Maintenance Coop[/URL]
and replace the pre-fab coop all together.
Do you think this would hold up to adding the wooden trim to sturdy it all up and make it last longer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-172019_Instagram~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-172019_Instagram~2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20210705-172049_Instagram~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-172049_Instagram~2.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210705-172115_Instagram~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-172115_Instagram~2.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210705-172123_Instagram~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-172123_Instagram~2.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Excellent!
Of course you'd need to add better wire, but the framing is a great place to start.
Have him bring it home, before he changes his mind :D
Right!!!?!
This morning I told him what yall said bout raccoons laughing at the wiring...he finally either was convinced or just caved! Not sure which! So he's gonna let me get the 19 gauge hardware cloth to go over the top of all the chicken wire!
Do we even need to fool with the chicken wire though? I didn't think so but he's like why not do it both!

Right!!!?!
This morning I told him what yall said bout raccoons laughing at the wiring...he finally either was convinced or just caved! Not sure which! So he's gonna let me get the 19 gauge hardware cloth to go over the top of all the chicken wire!
Do we even need to fool with the chicken wire though? I didn't think so but he's like why not do it both!

If it comes with the chicken wire it will be easier to put hardware cloth over it than to take the chicken wire off.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/run-to-outdoor-brooder-conversion.76634/

Back
Top Bottom