Pasty Butt peafowl

Pratik1234

Songster
Mar 1, 2018
I recently visited a peafowl farm. And the man had very beautiful 4 years old IBWE and 2 year old PurpleWE male they were free ranging.
I asked him for the price and he said they are not for sale as they had PASTY BUTT issue. I asked him if there is any way to cure it and he said there is not. As he himself don’t know what’s wrong with them. Or how can it be treated. As It’s been there for long time he said.

I’m wondering what is the Pasty butt issue? And is there any cure for them?

I recently visited a peafowl farm. And the man had very beautiful 4 years old IBWE and 2 year old PurpleWE male they were free ranging.
I asked him for the price and he said they are not for sale as they had PASTY BUTT issue. I asked him if there is any way to cure it and he said there is not. As he himself don’t know what’s wrong with them. Or how can it be treated. As It’s been there for long time he said.

I’m wondering what is the Pasty butt issue? And is there any cure for them?
Pasty butt is usually something that chicks get, it's just poop that sticks to their poop holes. If not picked off they can't poop and will die. I've never seen the same type of pasty butt in adults, but I have seen bacterial infections of the cloaca that cause the cloaca to plug up with pus and poo. If you can, go back there and get some pictures of it.

Pasty butt is usually something that chicks get, it's just poop that sticks to their poop holes. If not picked off they can't poop and will die. I've never seen the same type of pasty butt in adults, but I have seen bacterial infections of the cloaca that cause the cloaca to plug up with pus and poo. If you can, go back there and get some pictures of it.
It looked like runny butt, I could see white paste around the peacocks butt, and he said it’s could be an infection. But they have been on that property with other peafowls and it doesn’t spread. And the place is quiet far I don’t think I’m going there anytime soon.

It looked like runny butt, I could see white paste around the peacocks butt, and he said it’s could be an infection. But they have been on that property with other peafowls and it doesn’t spread. And the place is quiet far I don’t think I’m going there anytime soon.
The white runny stuff could be a sign of worms. Does he de-worm them?

Yes he does.
He is abreeder. With a lot of different variety of healthy peafowls.
Does he de-worm them orally or does he put it in the water? And what de-wormer does he use? I had a chicken the other day that had the white runny stuff, so I de-wormed her with Valbazen and she pooped out a huge mass of large roundworms.

I caught this guy the other day when looking for a bird to ship. I had forgotten that I had a chick with a prolapsed vent in the brooder. He is perfectly healthy and has good weight, I doubt that he could ever breed. I will probably give him away to someone that wants a free range yard ornament.

Attachments

• IMG_3746.JPG
    IMG_3746.JPG
    746 KB · Views: 29
I caught this guy the other day when looking for a bird to ship. I had forgotten that I had a chick with a prolapsed vent in the brooder. He is perfectly healthy and has good weight, I doubt that he could ever breed. I will probably give him away to someone that wants a free range yard ornament.
Yes that’s what exactly how it looked. And yes I asked him if he can breed and he said he wouldn’t breed him as he himself don’t know what’s causing this. Plus both the males were perfectly healthy and active

Does he de-worm them orally or does he put it in the water? And what de-wormer does he use? I had a chicken the other day that had the white runny stuff, so I de-wormed her with Valbazen and she pooped out a huge mass of large roundworms.
He dewormed them orally on the regular basis. With same dewormer that he uses for all of his birds.

Back
Top Bottom