Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Congrats! 😃
Awww...thank ya !!! I'm over the moon about it.

Joannie 🙂
IMG_20231230_103823.jpg

The chicken run expansion is nearly complete. I pushed the east wall out 8 feet adding an additional 128 square feet of space to accommodate the additional birds. I still need to finish up some of the predator protection like netting on top and skirting at ground level. I’ll probably loose most of the day to rain, but it’s good enough to keep the chickens out of the garden for now.

All of the chickens are doing well. I believe I’m close it a 50/50 split on cockerels and pullets. Some of these pea combed birds are a tricky to know for sure just yet.

One of the Buff Orpingtons that I bought as a friend for the one survivor of the second incubation is clearly not a buff Orpington. Her feathers are coming in brown and her legs are orange instead of pink. I’m not sure what she is but we like all the breeds here so I’m not upset by it just curious what she is. If anyone has a guess I would love to hear thoughts
IMG_4753.jpeg
IMG_4751.jpeg
IMG_4748.jpeg
IMG_4747.jpeg
IMG_4744.jpeg

Unknown breed chick
IMG_4734.jpeg

The chicken run expansion is nearly complete. I pushed the east wall out 8 feet adding an additional 128 square feet of space to accommodate the additional birds. I still need to finish up some of the predator protection like netting on top and skirting at ground level. I’ll probably loose most of the day to rain, but it’s good enough to keep the chickens out of the garden for now.

All of the chickens are doing well. I believe I’m close it a 50/50 split on cockerels and pullets. Some of these pea combed birds are a tricky to know for sure just yet.

One of the Buff Orpingtons that I bought as a friend for the one survivor of the second incubation is clearly not a buff Orpington. Her feathers are coming in brown and her legs are orange instead of pink. I’m not sure what she is but we like all the breeds here so I’m not upset by it just curious what she is. If anyone has a guess I would love to hear thoughtsView attachment 3831451View attachment 3831452View attachment 3831453View attachment 3831454View attachment 3831455

Unknown breed chick
View attachment 3831456
Nice set up! ❤️ Birds are lovely too! 💕

Glad to hear things are going well! No idea what your mystery chick is though. 😅
I have been clicking around on Hoover Hatchery’s website. For now I’m thinking she is likely a prairie bluebell, starlight green egger or one of the other creativity named mixed breeds that they keep coming up with. I’ll probably just consider her to be an Easter egger until I’m convinced otherwise.

If you get bored you could come help me do my expansion. Compensation in eggs or chicks... 🤣
8-6 week olds and 2 broodys sitting on 18 more eggs... Oy vey 🥴

I wish I had time but my twins high school graduation is in just a couple weeks. Luckily my wife is handling most of that, but that means I have to pick up some of her normal chores to balance things out and keep her sane. The garden needs lots of attention this time of year. Also the sturgeon are running up the river for the spawn and I need to get out and catch a couple while it’s happening.

I hear ya there, I was playing bud.
I'm swamped also and then throw 2 unexpected broodys into the mix. Love fishing but haven't had time for that or hunting in years. Hope you can get out there, tho and catch a few. Post pics when you can.
My dad was a big fisherman, so I grew up fishing for Perch, Walleye and then down rigging/tight lining and snagging Salmon and Lake Trout.
Closest I get now is Allucaneat on Fridays....🤣

Back
Top Bottom