Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Spangled

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Mix-variety

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
This little guy is my first start into OEGBs and bantams in general. His name is Tator Tot, a BB Red OEGB.
View attachment 2793153View attachment 2793161View attachment 2793156View attachment 2793157
He is such a handsome little guy. How old is he? I'm reminded of my BBR OEGB rooster, Sage. He's a great guy. I have 3 OEGB Roosters and could listen to their crows all day and if I'm being honest, oftentimes I do because they love to crow. My BBR and my Gold Duckwing sound nearly identical but I can tell the difference from inside the house, by the length of the crow. I've got a lot of roosters and my daughter and I will play a game of guess the crow. Having a lot of boys means hearing a lot of crowing all day. I guess it's a good thing that I love it 😂

He is lovely. Looks like my wheaten boy.

View attachment 2793228
Hi @Chicalina This is a handsome boy! If you have a moment, do you mind explaining the difference between BBR and wheaten? I'm not very experienced but I thought the only BBR had the red triangle on their wing feathers. I'm just hoping to learn more and figure this out. How old is your guy?

He is such a handsome little guy. How old is he? I'm reminded of my BBR OEGB rooster, Sage. He's a great guy. I have 3 OEGB Roosters and could listen to their crows all day and if I'm being honest, oftentimes I do because they love to crow. My BBR and my Gold Duckwing sound nearly identical but I can tell the difference from inside the house, by the length of the crow. I've got a lot of roosters and my daughter and I will play a game of guess the crow. Having a lot of boys means hearing a lot of crowing all day. I guess it's a good thing that I love it 😂
He’s 17 and a half weeks old right now. I can definitely tell the difference between my roosters, my other is an EE, so he has a louder/deeper crow. I have 4 silver laced wyandottes that ended up being all boys, but they’re crows are different too. I’m not planning on keeping them, though. I have a big 16 week old blue maran cockerel — Blueberry — that is terrified of Tator Tot and it’s hilarious. Tator doesn’t do much to him beyond half heartedly chasing him off.

I have a barnyard mix and I suspect half their heritage to be OEGB or Sebright. I’m new with OEGB and Sebrights so don’t really have an eye for the characteristics that are giveaways Does it look to you like they have a duckwing thing going on? View attachment 2700898
I could see both OEGB and sebright in him, so I’m not sure which is more likely. It looks like he has silkie ancestry?

Hi @Chicalina This is a handsome boy! If you have a moment, do you mind explaining the difference between BBR and wheaten? I'm not very experienced but I thought the only BBR had the red triangle on their wing feathers. I'm just hoping to learn more and figure this out. How old is your guy?
I didn't know the difference either and thought he was BBR, but someone knowledgeable on here told me that although they look very similar, if as a chick he was white/yellow then he is Wheaten, but if he was chipmunk as a chick then he is BBR. He was a white/yellow chick.
He is one of these, can't remember which one!

Attachments

• 20210516_194047.jpg
    20210516_194047.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 6
He’s 17 and a half weeks old right now. I can definitely tell the difference between my roosters, my other is an EE, so he has a louder/deeper crow. I have 4 silver laced wyandottes that ended up being all boys, but they’re crows are different too. I’m not planning on keeping them, though. I have a big 16 week old blue maran cockerel — Blueberry — that is terrified of Tator Tot and it’s hilarious. Tator doesn’t do much to him beyond half heartedly chasing him off.
Blueberry and Tater got into a fight yesterday which was as hilarious as it sounds. And when I say fight, it was mostly umbrella swallowing, head bobbing and a few jump kicks ( mostly from Tater; Blueberry gave a few half kicks ). I regret that I wasn’t able to get my phone out fast enough, lol.

I didn't know the difference either and thought he was BBR, but someone knowledgeable on here told me that although they look very similar, if as a chick he was white/yellow then he is Wheaten, but if he was chipmunk as a chick then he is BBR. He was a white/yellow chick.
He is one of these, can't remember which one!
Thank you so much for sharing this with me. My little Sage was a brownish chipmunk in his younger days 🤣 That's so interesting. I knew they looked very similar as adults but had no idea about the differences as chicks. Thanks again for the explanation. I really appreciate that 💜

Back
Top Bottom