Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest Series—What's Your Hobby?

Some days my hands itch to create something. Then it pops out. 80 percent of the time my brain and hands don't communicate well. I wish I could do art as a job but I like food and need money to cover that lol
2022-05-09.jpg
20190309_215049.jpg
IMG_20230108_213712_261.jpg

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

We want to know what you love! Whether you're lucky enough to have a hobby that pays the bills, or it's something you enjoy doing in your free time, tell us all about it! What are your creative and artistic pursuits? Do you collect something special? Did you need to buy an external hard drive to store all of the pictures you take? Share with us what hobbies you enjoy most!

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to 4 of your hobbies, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

There will be at least three winners, and each will receive a copy of the beautiful BYC 2024 Calendar!
The calendar is available to winners who reside in the United States. Winners outside the United States will be awarded a 1-month PFM.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. One hobby per post, please.
  2. An entry is one or more pictures of your hobby and a blurb about the hobby (see rule #3).
  3. Please add a short description of your hobby. Examples:
    • What is it that you love about this hobby?
    • When do you do the Hobby?
    • What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
    • Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
    • Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
    • The above are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them, and you can add other things if you want, those are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post!
  4. The picture needs to have been taken by you, a friend, or someone in your immediate family.
  5. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  6. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  7. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  8. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  9. Entries will be accepted through November 30th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

2022 Contest Winners
From left to right, @Eagle343, @Allsfairinloveandbugs, @Bartonsfinest, @Shabby Chic-Hens, & @Silkie Princess

Mushroom HuntingGray Egg LayersOld Sewing MachinesLatch HookingCustom Diecasts
View attachment 3668638View attachment 3668644View attachment 3668645View attachment 3668641View attachment 3668640
From left to right, @Paz, @gimmie birdies, @The Tiny Homestead, @theoldchick, & @Gearhead846

2021 Contest Winners
From left to right: @Exiragirls, @theoldchick, & @Naisha

From left to right: @GigitheBackyardHerbilist, @Piefoot, & @AvocadoAbi

2020 Contest Winners
Repurposing antiques​
Comic Books​
Online Auctions​
Hobby Farming​
Treasure Hunting​
From left to right: @CluckerFamily, @Chicken_loverXx, @slippednfell, @cmom, @ronkonkoma

2019 Contest Winners
Grooming​
Photography​
Baking​
Geocaching​
Scrounging​
From left to right: @FortCluck, @Madie'sOddFlock, @Meg-in-MT, @Casper417, @RaZ

Check out the rest of the contests here:
Official BYC Mini-Contest Series—Win One of Thirty-six (36) 2024 BYC Calendars!

If you would like to purchase a beautiful BYC 2024 Calendar, see this thread: 2024 BYC Calendars are HERE - Free Shipping to US Addresses!!!
I have created a chicken cartoon world called Mabel's World. It is now a 106 page book! Mabel is a chicken who "thinks outside the egg", so to speak. To the annoyance of her coopmates, Sandy, Marmalade, Melvina and Beatrice, Mabel is interested in all kinds of things from reading, to gardening to singing in a choir...but in the end these things are for their betterment as well! Rexi, the corgi and Puddy, the cat, along with the Gen Z chicks are other characters in Mabel's World. And just who is this mysterious new stranger? Mabel's World is for ages 5 to 95! Any chicken lover or pet lover will enjoy it!

I got the idea while watching my free ranging chickens one day. I am an artist as a hobby. I started drawing and Mabel was hatched!!

I use Illustrator, Indesign and a draw on a Pentablet. I do sell my books in 11 bookstores and online. I am over half way through the 2nd book, entitled Mabel's World, Living the Dream. As far as making money at this hobby...I haven't yet because of all the initial costs of printing, websites, and other materials.

I just LOVE doing it!

Come along to Mabel's World!
20231124_064902.jpg Chick Flick single art board.jpg Mabel's World full cover_edited.jpg 20231003_110633.jpg 20231124_065357.jpg backcover.jpg 20230630_135308.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy drawing traditionally, with pencils. This one took me about one hour. This is my most recent, which is much better than any other person I have drawn. I like to draw whenever I have spare time(if I’m not writing a novel) sitting at my desk in front of my window. I’m young and I have been drawing for a while, but I’m not an expert at all.
I take pride in this drawing here(I always name them) This one is named Rose.
image.jpg

This is Kiley, a character I drew for a novel I’m writing(I’m writing it for Nanowrimo) She is one of the drawings I take pride in most. It isn’t amazing, a cartoon, but I still really like it. I switch drawing styles every now and then, but this style is my favorite(and the easiest)!
IMG_8627.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom