_DSC4306.jpg
_DSC4297.jpg
_DSC4291-Enhanced-NR.jpg
_DSC0149.jpg
_DSC0156.jpg
_DSC0147.jpg
_DSC4280.jpg
_DSC0158.jpg

Those are magnificent. We did not know about them being viewable in Florida which is not typical for here. We read they was a possibility this morning but no date on when. I just checked and found photos from Tallahassee (north) of us down to Southwest Fl (south of us). We did not notice anything but we did have storms late last night and maybe clouds prevented us from seeing them. One thing I have always wanted to see. Dang it!

Those are magnificent. We did not know about them being viewable in Florida which is not typical for here. We read they was a possibility this morning but no date on when. I just checked and found photos from Tallahassee (north) of us down to Southwest Fl (south of us). We did not notice anything but we did have storms late last night and maybe clouds prevented us from seeing them. One thing I have always wanted to see. Dang it!
I’m sorry you didn’t get to see them!!! Maybe tonight? I think I read it might be viewable again tonight but not sure.

So tonight is a "maybe" and tomorrow is a "very strong maybe"

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

Keep an eye on the "latest observed" section. Right now it's at a G2. If it's G4 yo're a maybe. If it's G5 you're a strong maybe. Current forecast for tonight is G4, and there's a large CME convergence inbound for tomorrow which is hinting at being more intense than last night. Tomorrow's forecast is for G5. Last night I shot in G4 conditions in AZ.

Use your cell camera to take pics, even if you can't see anything with your naked eye. Your camera's sensor can see.

And if you have DSLR, 10 sec or longer exposures on a tripod. Stopped down to f/5 Or less I'd expect, and kick your ISO up to 800 or higher.

I really hope I get to see them tonight I looked last night and it said I was pretty much a 0% chance of seeing them come to find out they were viewable where I live and I was out there at around 2:30 am and there was nothing really really hoping I get to see them tonight.

I really hope I get to see them tonight I looked last night and it said I was pretty much a 0% chance of seeing them come to find out they were viewable where I live and I was out there at around 2:30 am and there was nothing really really hoping I get to see them tonight.
The northern lights has always been a bucket list item for me.

I'm gonna stress this. Use your cell camera. That far south even in total darkness you are not likely to see them with your naked eye, but your phone's camera sensor can see them. Point North and click, point and click. Even if it looks pitch black.

Back
Top Bottom